What's new

iPhone 5 Keyboard Question AND touch sensitivity issues

mkunz

Reaction score
HI there,

I am new to the forum and just went to iPhone 5 from a 4; I thought I was able to adjust the touch pressure and speed in my iPhone 4 since I tend to be a fast typer and sometimes it makes keys lock up a little. I can't find where to adjust touch pressure and/or speed in iPhone 5 - I've looked in Settings and Googled is just about everywhere.

Also, as a person "graced" with chubby fingers, I was hoping to find a keyboard app that has some larger keys, etc. I did enlarge the text size in Settings but it didn't seem to take effect. Are there any specific keyboards I can get to replace the Apple one? When I was an Android owner several years ago, there was a slew of keyboards to download, but I know Apple does its own thing...so any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as sensitivity or touch speed settings on an iPhone.

As far as different keyboard setups... it requires Jailbreaking to install a different keyboard layout.

Well I just purchased an IPhone 5 Monday (April Fools day) and I do feel like a fool because I too hate the OEM take it or leave it Apple Keyboard after years of using the thumb keyboard on all of my Android phones...
I have no personal problems with jail breaking my phone but my limited knowledge is that 6.13 or whatever I now have on the phone can't be jail broken yet...

I have 2 weeks to return the phone and at this point I just may do that...

Bob G