What's new

iPhone 5 - How can I know if Imei will be clean forever?

itzmemike

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to buy an used near new iphone 5 from my local city, and i've notice that many people been doing many fraud about selling their iphone 5 then report it either to apple/their carrier saying the iphone is lost as they've already sold the phone and received the cash so they're not scared to report it then whoever purchase the phone will get their phone locked. So I wanted to know if im buying an used phone from my local city, what in their phone setting or anywhere can i check that the phone imei will be safe forever? even after i purchase it, before the phone can be clean at the moment of purchasing, but after purchase maybe after a month or week or days later they report it, then I'm done as IMEI clean at the moment is easy but forever i just can't find an way to figure this one. Please if anyone can help it be best appreciated.

You don't have control over it since you're not the original owner of the device. It's at your own risk. Which is why you should always buy refurbished ones from Apple or buy them from certified and guaranteed sellers that clearly states that they will replace your phone if anything were to happen to it that makes it unusable.

yes i totally agree with Jon there,i would never buy a phone from a source i didn't know to be totally safe,as Jon say's try Apple for a refurb,you know they will be working and under warranty too.