What's new

iPhone 5 Hard reset (Unknown version of Jailbreak)

Youandih

Reaction score
Okay guys, listen up.
I work in a shop which repairs, recovers and resets phones. Now we have an iPhone 5.
It's Jailbroken in a jailbreak which I don't know and can't determine. The owner forgot his password, and the unlock screen is based on Android, as is the startup screen. There is no emergency call button.
I can't reset the device with the home and lock button, the 10 seconds method. Because of the Jailbreak, iTunes refuses to connect to the phone.
Is there some way of external resetting? The result has to be a clean iPhone as it once was. Nothing has to be preserved.

Thanks in advance, Youandi Hoefman.

Put the device into DFU mode and restore. All data will be wiped from the device including the jailbreak, and the iOS will be restored to the latest 6.1.4 for the iPhone 5.

No clue why anyone would pay for a simple solution rather than looking it up or asking here directly.

Yea, you won't hear us complaining :p But how do you put it in DFU? It's not Cydia, and I don't have the password to unlock it.. :/

Yeah you can restore your iPhone by using DFU mode. Simply log in to iTunes, press the home and power button together for 10 seconds, and then keep pressing the home button while releasing the power button. This will take your iPhone into the DFU mode. Now click the restore button under the summary tab, back up your data, and then click on the restore button. Its done..

Again, thanx for thinking. But your solution brings out the next problem: I've tried DFU mode several times, but it doesn't work. And iTunes doesn't recognize the device because of the jailbreak.

iTunes must be closed before you put the iPhone into DFU mode. Here's how to put a device into DFU mode (courtesy of my fellow moderator, f4780y):

In order to put your device into DFU mode, with the iPhone connected to your computer and turned on, you must press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode.

Once your device is in DFU mode the screen should be blank. If anything else is showing on the screen, such as the "connect to iTunes" logo, you got it wrong. You must get the device into DFU mode successfully. Try again :)

After the phone is in DFU mode, THEN open iTunes. It should recognize the device as being in recovery mode and will prompt you to restore or upgrade.

Marilyn

Here's how to put a device into DFU mode (courtesy of my fellow moderator, f4780y):

Thanks for trying to help me. Thing is, I know how to put it in DFU.. But when I do it, it doesn't go into DFU.. It just sstarts the jailbreak again..