What's new

Iphone 5 and lte4

dbyrd25

Reaction score
I will go for lte4 phone that is faster and better lte 4 on line and talk at same time that is a big to me

I dont think that apple will release two iphone devices, probably it will either be called 4 light or 4S or 5 what ever the rumours are and what it will actually be called, I think 4S is a more realistic name but maybe we will find out on the 4th October

I'm sure LTE is great but it's not in my area and I will probably have 3 different phones by the time it is, lol. No biggie for me if it doesn't have it.

4G IS in my area, and has been since early-summer, so I'm hoping this new phone has it. If not I'll wait and see what new Android offerings or rumors of an LTE iphone appear in the spring of 2012. It does look it's going to have a bigger screen though, a HUGE plus in my book.

There will not be an iPhone released with LTE before the end of Summer 2012. Period. And the reason you can count on that as a FACT, is very simple. They are introducing a new phone on Oct 4th. Their next cycle then will be around that time next year. PLUS as a added bonus, NO ONE is making a single chip to handle all four protocols in the quantities Apple needs for manufacturing. The closest ANYONE is getting to any kind of real production numbers is in December of this year. And that isn't even in stone yet.

There will not be an iPhone released with LTE before the end of Summer 2012. Period. And the reason you can count on that as a FACT, is very simple. They are introducing a new phone on Oct 4th. Their next cycle then will be around that time next year. PLUS as a added bonus, NO ONE is making a single chip to handle all four protocols in the quantities Apple needs for manufacturing. The closest ANYONE is getting to any kind of real production numbers is in December of this year. And that isn't even in stone yet.

Then I'll either wait or see what offerings appear in Android. The Droid Prime looks like it's going to be nice. ;)

At this point nobody really knows what Apple will call it or what features it will be coming with.

Yes I will wait if no lte4 I will get diff phone andorid

Then I'll either wait or see what offerings appear in Android. The Droid Prime looks like it's going to be nice. ;)

On paper yes. In real world use, that is a different story.

Until Google deals with the core issues that are causing most of the complaints about Android, it will always be a second rate OS.

Lets list off the biggest issues.

7 screen resolutions. That alone makes apps look like crude across a lot of devices.

4 GPU setups. Most of the big game developers won't touch android because they don't know what kind of speed they will be dealing with for framerate.

4 memory configurations. Again big developers want to know how much memory they are going to have access to.

13 versions of the API. Granted only the last 5 are now in use for 90% of the market, but that still is causing major issues with deployment.

Dalvik Virtual Machine. Until enough apps switch to the NDK, the issues here are too numerous to list.

Divided market place. The user has to remember WHERE they bought each app now. And it is possible to end up buying it twice from two different markets if they aren't careful.

Malware applications on the market place. Google has had to mass remove over a hundred apps now. Seriously, how many people even know they need to run a virus scanner on a phone?

Application permission system. Google really hosed this up beyond belief. They expect users to understand the implications of each permission the app is requesting on install.

Run away multitasking. How many apps truly need to be loaded at once doing something?

Run away hooking to events. Ebay's app hooks to "On connection change". Which forces the app to load every time you switch from WiFi to 3G.

Yeah, Android is a REAL winner of an OS for phones.

I agree with most of what you're saying and I'll eventually switch. But not until LTE is in the equation. And the only game I think I've ever played on my phone is Angry Birds. I'm just simply not into games. Ironically though, qwhen I do play it I much prefer it on my ipad (ipad 1 wifi only). In no way am I a fanboy of ANY OS, but until iOS supports LTE, it's simply not for me. No biggie, waiting is not a problem.

I have a 3GS and I have been waiting since this past spring for an upgrade. I'll take whatever they come out with it because the software updates have slowed the 3GS down a lot. So anything they come out with will be a big improvement for me.

All I'm saying is Lte is inportant to use iPhone falling behind that far Verizon has in 45 city mow a tow year wait before up grade I like the phone but I know people that like droid to

I wouldn't expect LTE on the iphone 5. If what I've read is true Apple won't release LTE until the chipsets are improved for handling 4G. RIM is the same thought process on this as well. I would be willing to bet that Apple and RIM will release LTE phones in the same time frame.

NO ONE is making a single chip to handle all four protocols in the quantities Apple needs for manufacturing.

A single chipset that is low power enough is not likely for several more years. A die shrink, maybe two, Elul be required at a minimum if any existing chipsets are merged. It's much more likely a totally new design with surface.