What's new

iPhone 5/ About Home Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkroggue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a newcomer, and I want to ask something.

Few hours ago, I was both listening to music via my iPhone 5 and smoking at balcony. Then, I spitted on my cigarette to put it out before throwing it away. After minutes, I wanted to go back to main menu and pressed the home button. And I noticed that a little drop of spittle was on my fingertip. When I looked at the home button to check it, I couldn't see because it was too dark to do that. But as far as I remember, I cleaned it off through my finger. The button seemed okay when I got in.

I wonder if anything happened or not. It now works as amazing as it was when I bought it, but I am afraid of that it may happen something bad in the future. I cleaned the button off again, when I got in the room, with the piece of fabric which was given by Apple, in its box. I'm suspicious about that a very little drop of spittle leaked into the borders of the button. Though, I don't know the truth.

Your ideas are important. It's the first product of Apple that I have ever bought, and also very precious for me.

In the forums, people talk about that they dropped their iPhones in water and that they let it dry later on, or that they put their iPhones in a bowl of rice after the drop. I heard these ways are useful to get your iPhone back. Though, hopefully, I haven't dropped it in water. So I'm lucky when compared to the others?

Last edited:
If its working I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt it was enough to cause an issue!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I think there is something else a little bit of serious now. Though, this thread can be closed, I will ask for your advices in another, new thread.

Thanks for the interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.