What's new

Iphone 4s

Rasckal

Reaction score
hi guys im new to the forums and i was wondering if its possible for a sprint iphone 4s to use a backup of a verizon iphone 4s? or the other way around? as in when you go on itunes and click on your iphone and use the restore option and then select the iphone backup of a dif carrier....

ill probally be proved wrong but i dont think so. because some of the verizon software would be written also to the sprint. but then again whats it going to hurt if you try, if it does not just resore it back to sprint. im shooting in the dark here but i dont think it would work.

There shouldn't be a problem. When backing up an iPhone, you're only backing up the user-end data such as Music, Photos, Videos, Apps, Contacts, etc etc.

There shouldn't be a problem. When backing up an iPhone, you're only backing up the user-end data such as Music, Photos, Videos, Apps, Contacts, etc etc.
so does that mean the firmware will also change? as in if i was on ios 5.1 and the back up was on 5.0 then if i was to use the back up i would be in ios 5.0 instand of 5.1?

No. Backups made on iTunes only affects user-end data. iOS versions are system files and are not user-end data. Say on your VZW 4S on iOS 5.0.1, you back it up, so all your music, photos, videos, apps, etc, are all backed up into one nice little package lets say. Then you plug in your Sprint 4S on iOS 5.1.1, and you "Restore from backup", all of those songs, photos, videos, apps, etc, are all transfered over to your VZW 4S. BUT, your Sprint 4S will STILL REMAIN iOS 5.1.1 because you're only restoring user-end data, and not restoring the iOS itself. They're 2 different things.

From what I'm reading, you're trying to transfer your stuff from a VZW 4S to a Sprint 4S. If your VZW 4S is on iOS 6 and your Sprint 4S is on iOS 5, you cannot put the back up on the Sprint 4S because they are on different iOS threshold, one being iOS 6 the other being iOS 5.

No. Backups made on iTunes only affects user-end data. iOS versions are system files and are not user-end data. Say on your VZW 4S on iOS 5.0.1, you back it up, so all your music, photos, videos, apps, etc, are all backed up into one nice little package lets say. Then you plug in your Sprint 4S on iOS 5.1.1, and you "Restore from backup", all of those songs, photos, videos, apps, etc, are all transfered over to your VZW 4S. BUT, your Sprint 4S will STILL REMAIN iOS 5.1.1 because you're only restoring user-end data, and not restoring the iOS itself. They're 2 different things. From what I'm reading, you're trying to transfer your stuff from a VZW 4S to a Sprint 4S. If your VZW 4S is on iOS 6 and your Sprint 4S is on iOS 5, you cannot put the back up on the Sprint 4S because they are on different iOS threshold, one being iOS 6 the other being iOS 5.
aright thx you for the reply's guys