What's new

iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 on iOS 5 untethered jailbreak ?

Reaction score
I know everyone gets tired of everyone asking when the next untethered jailbreak will be coming out, and no one really know, so I'm not asking that before anyone thinks I am. This might be a similar question in which no one has any way of knowing, but from all of my research I cannot find an answer...

When they come out with the next untethered jailbreak comes out for the iPhone 4 running iOS 5, will it also do the iphone 4S? Or will they have to come out with a separate jailbreak later on that will do the iPhone 4S? The reason I ask is 1)I kept reading on all these sights about how all these jailbreakers are "tweeting" that they've got the untethered jailbreak covered, yet it's still not here so I didn't know if they were still working on one that will work on the 4S and were just planning on releasing them both at once, and 2)I talked my girlfriend into getting the 4s from Verizon the other day and when she realized the jailbreak wasn't already out and she couldn't change a lot of the stuff that she could change on her droid, she was a little disappointed that she didn't get a droid (which is what she originally wanted but I talked her out of it :/ ). So I'm gonna feel kinda bad if I can jailbreak my iPhone 4 and then the iPhone 4S jailbreak hasn't come out yet and she can't.

Well there's rumors that they already have the ip4 untethered ready but they want to release it along side for the ip4s to be fair.

i think they will want to release the 4s jailbreak first and just some how create one app to do both 4s,4 and 3gs for the ios5 jailbreak. i am waiting for it.

The iPhone4S jailbreak will already work on all devices by nature when it's released. The exploit is userland, which means it is contained within the firmware itself. So when they release it, it will work on all devices with iOS5.

The iPhone4S jailbreak will already work on all devices by nature when it's released. The exploit is userland, which means it is contained within the firmware itself. So when they release it, it will work on all devices with iOS5.

thanks for making it clearer

Thanks for the info guys. What's the best place to keep an eye out at to see when it's released? I've been searching google but today I got my hopes up with that damn fastunlockiphone.com BS. Is there anywhere specific these guys would post it as soon as it's released?

Thanks for the info guys. What's the best place to keep an eye out at to see when it's released? I've been searching google but today I got my hopes up with that damn fastunlockiphone.com BS. Is there anywhere specific these guys would post it as soon as it's released?

You are at the "best place" to keep an eye out for news and informative material regarding the iPhone. :)

You are at the "best place" to keep an eye out for news and informative material regarding the iPhone. :)

+1 you are absolutely in the right place. We will update our stickies and there will be plenty of chat just as soon as it goes public...

It will be all over every iPhone news site. Another good place is Twitter. You can follow the actual jailbreak developers, they always tweet about progress and release information.

im pretty sure as soon as the untethered comes out people will be making posts and threads about it.

Jmills87 said:
It will be all over every iPhone news site. Another good place is Twitter. You can follow the actual jailbreak developers, they always tweet about progress and release information.

Jmills87 is the most helpful member on here. Keep an eye on his posts and you will find you don't need to ask too many questions. I found this thread looking for the same answer. I've had many questions answered just by searching jmills posts

Jmills87 is the most helpful member on here. Keep an eye on his posts and you will find you don't need to ask too many questions. I found this thread looking for the same answer. I've had many questions answered just by searching jmills posts

lol, thanks buddy! But I'd have to disagree, there are LOTS of helpful members on here and I am just part of the team :)

I'm getting kinda frustrated and confused with iOS 5's untethered jailbreak. At first all the news articles were about how the hackers already had the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak covered and wee just waiting on who knows what to release it. Now everything is worded in a skeptical way as if the untethered jailbreak may not be possible...anybody know?