What's new

iphone 4S - not found in itunes, found as a camera on computer

gem0688

Reaction score
Ok, This has had me going round in circles all morning!!

My Iphone 4S is not recognised in Itunes (which i have downloaded the latest version today). It is recognised as a camera on my computer and i can see all my photos, but I can not see or update any of my music. I have windows 7, downloaded latest itunes, restarted iphone and restarted computer!!

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Thanks for reply, yes tried changing usb ports and it still happens!! :)

xx

Thanks for reply, yes tried changing usb ports and it still happens!! :)

xx

Οk sounds like an Apple device driver issue..........

Go to control panel and look in the programs and see if Apple Mobile Device Service is installed, and if it is, restart it
(You can do that by going to Start - Search field and type Services and when you see Apple Mobile Device service click on "Stop the service" and then "Start the Service")

gem..... this may be a long shot, but do you give iTunes enough time to recognize the iPhone? And is your computer "authorized" within iTunes? Regarding the former point, it takes my iTunes around 45 seconds to respond/recognize my iPhone after I start the program. And note: I start iTunes, THEN plug the phone in afterwards..... This may/may not help. Good luck.

Thanks again for comments, I tried the looking at the Apple Mobile Device Service, which was installed and I tried the stopping and starting as you suggested, but still no success. And yes, I have left my iphone plugged in for ages and still no success, tried plugging it in both before and after loading itunes.

Gemma
:) x

gem0688 said:
Thanks again for comments, I tried the looking at the Apple Mobile Device Service, which was installed and I tried the stopping and starting as you suggested, but still no success. And yes, I have left my iphone plugged in for ages and still no success, tried plugging it in both before and after loading itunes.

Gemma
:) x

Ok I was on the phone with a friend I was helping restore an iphone today he had the same issue. The phone was recognized as a camera but not in itunes.

We finally managed with the following:
1) using a different usb cable, and 2) changing usb port

If none of the above work, uninstall iTunes then download the latest version from the apple website. This will reinstall all the device drivers...