What's new

Iphone 4s not displaying contacts in the desired display in outlook

geno368

Reaction score
My Iphone 4s is not displaying contacts in the desired display in outlook. Several of my contacts do not list the last name first like I have it setup in Outlook. What to do???Thanks

Hopefully , I have understood your problem correctly.......On your iPhone, go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Scroll down to Contacts and you can choose Display order "Last, First".

Thanks for the reply. When you set up a new contact in Outlook, on the first line you type in the full name. Then below that there is a field the is titled "display as". That's where you change it to display last name first. After you save the contact, it is saved in the file with the last name. It shows correctly in Outlook and most of the time it is correct on my Iphone...but I am finding several that are not...

For Outlook 2010 - Go to Outlook, click the File tab, then Options, then Contacts, then under Names and filing select your preferred 'Full Name' order and below it the Default 'File As' order. It's the only thing I can suggest. It won't change existing problem entries but may prevent new ones happening.

Thanks to all...I will try that