What's new

iphone 4s mobile data turn on problems

rajangajjar19

Reaction score
hi guys i have recently purchased an iphone 4s ios5
i have one problem
whenever i turn off my mobile data for longer period say whole night
then my mobile data does not start unless i turn on my areoplane mode or restart my iphone
so plz help me guys

thanx in advance

Are you running iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1? You may need to update to 5.0.1. I never shut off my cellular data as I am usually near a wifi hotspot and don't worry about cellular usage as much. If you are already on 5.0.1 you should probably try a restore through itunes. If that dosen't solve the problem you should see about a replacement iPhone through your provider or from wherever you purchased your iPhone.

Hi, rajangajjar -

I can't help with your issue. Although I am sure the members of this forum will chip in to help...

However, I'd like to ask that you keep all discussion of this issue to this thread. Making more than one post about a question or problem fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow. And, it's against our rules to make more than one thread.

So, with that said, I've deleted the other thread on this same topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net

Hi, rajangajjar -

I can't help with your issue. Although I am sure the members of this forum will chip in to help...

However, I'd like to ask that you keep all discussion of this issue to this thread. Making more than one post about a question or problem fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow. And, it's against our rules to make more than one thread.

So, with that said, I've deleted the other thread on this same topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net[/QUOTE

Ok sir

hi guys i have recently purchased an iphone 4s ios5
i have one problem
whenever i turn off my mobile data for longer period say whole night
then my mobile data does not start unless i turn on my areoplane mode or restart my iphone
so plz help me guys

thanx in advance

Reply guys any one facing this wired problem?

Are you jailbroken cause you cant turn of 3g on a default 4s

Are you jailbroken cause you cant turn of 3g on a default 4s

You can turn off Cellular Data under the Network settings...I believe that's what he's referring to.

I can't help you with your problem, but can you tell us why you turn it off in the first place? If you are worried about your battery or data usage, there are ways to find "leaks" without having to turn it off.

You can turn off the location services you don't use, including all system services. You can go to Settings>Store>Use Cellular Data (off). Also Settings>About>Diagnostics & Usage>Don't Send. Make sure you close apps at night...double click the home button and then hold finger on the app until red dot appears...close apps you aren't using.

Hope this helps!

You can turn off Cellular Data under the Network settings...I believe that's what he's referring to.

I can't help you with your problem, but can you tell us why you turn it off in the first place? If you are worried about your battery or data usage, there are ways to find "leaks" without having to turn it off.

You can turn off the location services you don't use, including all system services. You can go to Settings>Store>Use Cellular Data (off). Also Settings>About>Diagnostics & Usage>Don't Send. Make sure you close apps at night...double click the home button and then hold finger on the app until red dot appears...close apps you aren't using.

Hope this helps!

Ok I will try it