What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

@pod2g has just tweeted that he has made a step in the Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which he should hopefully release as soon as next week. This Untethered Jailbreak will be for iOS 5.0.1, so if you are on iOS 5.0, it is time to update before Apple decides to release iOS 5.1. Don't be surprised if iOS 5.1 patches the Jailbreak and then you are stuck forever or until a newer Jailbreak is released which might not even happen until iOS 6 or a later firmware. @pod2g tweeted the following:

"I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week."

"Yes, upgrade your 4S and iPad 2 to 5.0.1."

So it is safe to update to iOS 5.0.1 through iTunes, but make sure you aren't accidentally updating to iOS 5.1 which should be out soon! Full video and tutorial on how to untether your iPhone 4S & iPad 2 when it is released, until then, remember to subscribe!

pod2g Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g

iOS 5.0.1 Firmware downloads:
iPhone, iPod, iPad and Firmware/Software Download

Last edited by a moderator:
Jmills just reported in another thread that he saw an updated Tweet from pod2 that the release is later THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Can anyone confirm? I'm not a 'tweeter'...

Last edited:
testerwannabe said:
Jmills just reported in another thread that he saw an updated Tweet from pod2 that the release is later THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Can anyone confirm? I'm not a 'tweeter'...

He tweeted what was quoted above. Hence the quotes. Pay attention.

yessssssss!!!!!!!!! just in time for my factory unlocked iphone 4s to comes yayyyyyyyyyyyy

I was already on iOS 5.0.1 since it was made available for the public. I'm glad i did the right move, and now, patiently waiting for that JB thing to be release, the waiting was already getting too long. Many thanks to those JB gurus.