What's new

iPhone 4S ios 9 sync does not install purchased apps marked Will Install

errolgreer

Reaction score
When I sync my iPhone 4S, under Apps, I have clicked on install for purchased apps. It says Will Install but does not do so.

Did you try installing them when it's connected to iTunes?
Yes, I was connected to iTunes and clicked on Sync, which ran normally but did not install the apps which are marked "Will Install" in the App section.

Yes, I was connected to iTunes and clicked on Sync, which ran normally but did not install the apps wich are marked "will Install" in the App section

Go to Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage on your iPhone, select "Manage Storage" in Storage. Take a look at the apps listed there. If the ones stuck at "Will Install" can be found there, tap them and deleted them.

That done, try installing them once more, this time just one at a time.

Go to Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage on your iPhone, select "Manage Storage" in Storage. Take a look at the apps listed there. If the ones stuck at "Will Install" can be found there, tap them and deleted them.

That done, try installing them once more, this time just one at a time.
I closed iTunes, restarted and the apps are now shown installed. HOWEVER these app icons on the iPhone are greyed out, with a caption saying "Waiting". So they obviously need updating. My problem is that my wifi no longer works, so I have to try to get them updated via iTunes. This is where I have a problem, as when I click on Apps, there is no "update" button. I am using iTunes 12.5.2.36 and the 4S is running ios 9.3.5 (13G36). I have googled this problem but so far no help! I have a screen shot of my iTunes page, but when I click on the UPLOAD A FILE tab, nothing happens!

OK I have the screen shot now!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_20 Nov. 01 17.50.jpg
    ScreenHunter_20 Nov. 01 17.50.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 432
Have you tried restarting your iPhone?
Holding the home button and the off switch until it Apple logo appears then let go of them both.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?
Holding the home button and the off switch until it Apple logo appears then let go of them both.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.
Unfortunately they still say waiting, unless I put on 3G, then some say "loading". However I can't afford the cost of updating that way, so that's why I need to do the updates via iTunes, using my Internet connection to my computer.

Unfortunately they still say waiting, unless I put on 3G, then some say "loading". However I can't afford the cost of updating that way, so that's why I need to do the updates via iTunes, using my Internet connection to my computer.

In other words, HOW DO I UPDATE VIA THIS VERSION OF ITUNES?? Please look at my screen shot. No "update" button!

What is the speed of your WiFi connection? The fact that the downloads will work on 3G but not WiFi suggests that you have a slow WiFi connection.

What is the speed of your WiFi connection? The fact that the downloads will work on 3G but not WiFi suggests that you have a slow WiFi connection.

My Internet connection is 4Mb/second, which is pretty good. No, it has to do with not finding an Update button on iTunes 12.5.2.36.
It's not that it is slow, it doesn't even try to update at all. Where is the Update button on iTunes 12.5? That is the problem!

My Internet connection is 4Mb/second, which is pretty good. No, it has to do with not finding an Update button on iTunes 12.5.2.36.
It's not that it is slow, it doesn't even try to update at all. Where is the Update button on iTunes 12.5? That is the problem!
I mentioned before that I cant use wifi from the 4S as it is broken

Are the apps ones that require a higher IOS than your iPhone can have?

Are the apps ones that require a higher IOS than your iPhone can have?

No, these apps are also on my old iPhone 4 running IOS 7.2, and the 4S is running 9.3.5. I just need to know how to activate app updates on iTunes!