What's new

iphone 4s ios 8.1

bigdaveuk

Reaction score
i don't live any were a apple store so this is my question, when i power off and slide the slider to turn of the phone a few seconds later it reboots and comes back on again. watched this video on youtube to hold power
key together with the menu button and hold them till the first apple logo comes on then till it goes blank. then let go then it should work, never worked for me but i kept trying for 3 days and it did it, i could turn it off and it would stay off.i was so happy until 6 days later it all started again, now i can not get it to stop off.....
any tricks or ideas pls

whats the best way to clean the connector?

How did you sort out the problem,
Explain just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to know how to reset my iPhone 4s to factory setting. I did everything correctly indicated in the YouTube video, but at the end, it failed the verification, and an error connecting to iCloud sign pup out. What should I do from this point?

I like to know how to reset my iPhone 4s to factory setting. I did everything correctly indicated in the YouTube video, but at the end, it failed the verification, and an error connecting to iCloud sign pup out. What should I do from this point?
Have you followed the link in this post in the thread by J.A. ? iphone 4s ios 8.1 iPhone Forum

Clean your connector, maybe the iPhone thinks it's docked.

Remove the SIM card and insert it again.

Last option: backup your device, restore it using iTunes: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

whats the best way to clean the connector?

Always good to keep a can of computer air duster in your home. They can be used to clean so many tiny things and electronics. When it comes to cleaning sensitive things, touchless is the best method.

imo a computer air duster and a can of silicone lubricant spray is a must have in all homes, amazing how many things they can fix.

i have spent £20 on getting a new dock connector fitted, iphone is as new now.
thank you for all your replys.