What's new

iphone 4S dilemma... :(

nasbourne

Reaction score
good day guys!! :) i really have a big question..i have an iphone 4S which was given to me by my aunt from Japan (softbank carrier) so it is currently locked. i'm currently living here in the Philippines. i would really want to know if there would be a chance if i can use this iphone 4S here as a mobile phone (for calls and text messages)?? even in the future?? please do enlighten me.. :(

Last edited:
thanks man! i just got so depressed when a forum member told me that there would be no way to unlock the iphone 4S so i might as well sell it. :( but i'm still keeping my hopes up!

thanks man! i just got so depressed when a forum member told me that there would be no way to unlock the iphone 4S so i might as well sell it. :( but i'm still keeping my hopes up!
I agree with keeping your hopes up... however, an Unlock for the 4S could be quite a way out. Honestly, you might be best off selling the 4S you have and try purchasing a Factory Unlocked 4S from Apple.

sad..though i believe that it's a fact. another thing, is it possible that a Gevey sim could solve this problem if ever they release an updated sim in the future? i'm really sorry for my queries, i'm really quite new to this.

sad..though i believe that it's a fact. another thing, is it possible that a Gevey sim could solve this problem if ever they release an updated sim in the future? i'm really sorry for my queries, i'm really quite new to this.
No need to be sorry... that's what we're here for. :) The Gevey Sim poses the same issues as the Ultrasn0w Unlock... no idea how long it will take for it to be compatible w/ the 4S baseband.

I would say first of all have your aunt ask the carrier if there would be any possibility for the CARRIER to unlock the iphone.

Otherwise, I would suggest you sell it to someone who uses that carrier (maybe put it up on ebay) and buy yourself a FACTORY UNLOCKED one (maybe with a little extra money put in, but I don't think it would be that much more).

Just buy apple unlock from them. Have your aunt return it