What's new

iPhone 4s Blocked :(

steveyj

Reaction score
hi all,

unfortunately i have been conned as i purchased a phone about 4 months ago from gumtree. went and picked it up so knew where the guy lived etc and now its been blocked. went round there and the new tenants have no idea where he's moved on to.

i have contacted the police and given his name etc. but that still leaves me with a very expensive paperweight. i know this isn't the most moral thing to do but if i were to drop it in water and take out the sim tray and went to apple would they be able to find out it was blocked even though it has water damage? i would be happy to pay the £139 to get a straight replacement but feel robbed now i have a phone with absolutely no use at all and there is someone out there laughing with £300 of my money and a new insurance replacement.

if you have any other ideas that would be great.

thanks

Hi Steve,

We are sorry for this unfortunate situation that has fallen on you. However, have you looked at the Apple store online to see if you can purchase a refurb phone for that cost?

Our staff here cannot assist you in an dishonest act or provide you with means to obtain another phone for that reason. You are better off brining the phone to the apple store as is to see what they can do, rather than make the situation even more complex.

We appreciate that you move towards these avenues and not ask our members your previous intention. Otherwise we wil have to close this thread.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Last edited:
Currently Blocked CheckMEND has records which show this item is currently blocked by one or more networks
around the world. It may still work on some networks.

my phone says this have i been conned

Currently Blocked CheckMEND has records which show this item is currently blocked by one or more networks
around the world. It may still work on some networks.

my phone says this have i been conned

Very possibly. I suggest you read the earlier posts in this thread, especially the post just before yours, it has some excellent advice.