What's new

iPhone 4s Battery Drain issue

Haris

Reaction score
lately the battery life of my phone has reduced considerably

i fully charge it at night and when i wake up its reduced by 20-25%. and when i check usage and standby times its almost same or there is a bit of variance.

also when i switch it off, it switches itself on..i tried searching for the solution but can not find it. i wonder if anyone of u know.

i am guessing there is a process running in the background but i duno how to stop it or even how to check what processes are running on my phone.

Haris said:
lately the battery life of my phone has reduced considerably

i fully charge it at night and when i wake up its reduced by 20-25%. and when i check usage and standby times its almost same or there is a bit of variance.

also when i switch it off, it switches itself on..i tried searching for the solution but can not find it. i wonder if anyone of u know.

i am guessing there is a process running in the background but i duno how to stop it or even how to check what processes are running on my phone.

Its a 6.0.1 issue, wait untill 6.1 will arrive, will be better:)

Has your iPhone been jailbroken? If so, could possibly be the tweaks and add-ons from Cydia. Try removing ones that consume more battery life via RAM space. A culprits could be Winterboard.

If not, try removing apps/data on the phone, see if the clutter of data is making the iPhone hard drive to work more than its suppose to.

If the iPhone is plugged in, it'll turn on by itself. See if it's your iPhone running in reboot loops. My work 4S had that issue a while ago. It was going through reboot loops every so often and it does kill the battery. See if anything may be causing this in the diagnostics & usage summary under settings > general > about. Look for a panic.plist line

My wife's iphone 4s suddenly started draining rapidly also. dead in 2 hours or so. Did the recommended backup and reset as per apple tech with restore. same problem. did reset and monitored without restore. fixed? not yet. lost some contacts so reinstalled hotmail account. boom high drainage rate again. did another reset to factory setup. no drain. contacting apple again and verizon for fix. hope this info will help others. will keep forum advised of results. by the way, my iphone 4s is not doing this.

I would do restore of 5.1.1. Had simular problem on 3gs, girlfriend charged it like 3 times a day. Restore solved the problem.

Hi Willerz2,
I came across your post from a google search and my daughters iPhone 4 is having the same issues that you listed. It only will turn on when plugged in and constantly turns off. The data file is full of panic.pl files and alf of them have a date of 12/31/1969. I read others advice saying phone needs to be replaced but your thread made me think otherwise. There is also many low battery, low memory and reset counter among others in the data log. Is this similar to what you were referring to in your post? Thank you!

The second time we visited the apple store we went over the procedures we had mentioned and they rechecked the phone. They replaced the phone with a new one and we have not had any problems since then. We also discontinued the hotmail service.