What's new

iPhone 4S Announcement FAQ

MultimediaExpert

Reaction score
We’ve all had a number of lingering questions after iPhone 4S announcement. Here’s a quick summary of some frequently asked questions.

What is new in iPhone 4S?
Dual-core A5 chip, all-new 8MP camera and optics, iOS 5, iCloud and introducing Siri.

How to watch 1080P movies on iPhone 4S?
With iPhone 4S you can shoot stunning 1080p HD video everywhere you go, and you can import movies to iPhone 4S by iPhone video converter.

Will Siri be available on the iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS?
As we know, Siri is an exclusive feature on iPhone 4S.

Will Siri be available outside of the US?
Siri will be available outside the US. Where? We can’t entirely tell yet.

Why does the iPhone 4S cost so much in my country?
I think it’s because your country does not follow the US subsidy model, where prices are discounted in exchange for a contract commitment.

When can I buy an unlocked and/or out-of-contract iPhone?
Apple’s site suggests the unlocked unit will be available for sale at the same time as the contract/locked units. We have contacted US Apple support and we were told that these units would only be made available in Canada.

When does iPhone 4S go on sale? When can I buy one in person?
The iPhone 4S pre-orders start today (October 7). The iPhone 4S arrives in stores on October 14th.

Will Siri run on iPad 2? It has the same processor
As we know, Siri is available in Beta only on iPhone 4S and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply. So even with the same processor, it doesn’t look promising.

Will all iPhone 4 cases work with iPhone 4S?
We’re not sure though Apple’s site says yes. Other than the weight (3 grams more), the dimensions appear to be the same. Most concerns seem to be about the camera, but we’re hearing nothing yet about any differences there in external case access. Apple says:”all iPhone 4 accessories work with iPhone 4S.”

What size storage will be available for iCloud?
5 GB free — and you can use that up like *that* if you do iCloud backups (vs computer backups). From there 10GB $20/yr, 20GB $40, 50GB $100

When does iOS 5 ship?
iOS 5 will launch October 12th

moderate - no external link to other blogs!

Last edited by a moderator: