What's new

iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown PROOF In pod2g Video

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Recently, Chronic Dev Team member Dustin Howett made a video showing off the latest A5 chip jailbreak on an iPhone 4S. This is the jailbreak that has been in the works for months hitting multiple kinks in the road. It seems as though most of the obstacles have been surpassed and the released of the iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Jailbreak is imminent. Loads of updates and tweets have been circling the Chronic Dev Team members with information on progress. We should be seeing this Jailbreak very soon, all we have to do now is wait a little bit longer. While we wait, check out the video below to get your latest Jailbreak candy.

pod2g's iPhone 4S Jailbreak Proof Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first iPhone...is it going to be easy to JB...? I come from Android, where it was many steps in the beginning of Android...but now it's a one-click Root process. Is it similar with the iPhone and JB...where it's a one-click JB, or is it complicated and hard to do?

This is my first iPhone...is it going to be easy to JB...? I come from Android, where it was many steps in the beginning of Android...but now it's a one-click Root process. Is it similar with the iPhone and JB...where it's a one-click JB, or is it complicated and hard to do?

It would probably be the same method as with the iphone 4. You should give it a read about how to put the phone id DFU mode, etc.

I would love to be wrong, but I think this won't be released until 5.1 goes live.

Cool can't wait for JB for the 4S!! Always appreciate how much work you guys do for the JB community, well done!

It's pretty easy, almost as easy as one-click rooting. But with other Android phones where there is no 1 click solution, Jailbreaking is a lot easier, IMO. And un-jailbreaking is exponentially easier than un-rooting, all you do is go in to iTunes and click restore.

I'm confused- This is bad!!! I'm already at 5.0.1 ?!?!

default_profile_6_normal.png

ridoy_2010 shipul

@pod2g @p0sixninja, I'm trying to unlock my i4s that is @MuscleNerd working on. So should I update to ios 5.0.1 or stay 5.0 for JB??

14 Jan

in reply to ↑
@MuscleNerd MuscleNerd

@ridoy_2010 iPhone4S users should follow same guidelines as previous iPhones: stay on lowest baseband possible (so for 4S, stay at 5.0)

Last edited:
At 12:28pm on Jan 3, Pod2g posted the following on his twitter account: "Yes, upgrade your 4S and iPad 2 to 5.0.1."

- I think - I hope were still ok.

Take care,
Rob

Guys, how the heck can I save my 5.0.1 shsh blobs? I tried last night but can't figure it out?????

I am guessing there would be no use to have a forum if we didnt provide answers :)

You girl, ROCK!! Jus sayin :)

Ok, I did YouTube it and tried the I faith thing. Lemme re look at tiny umbrella. And please excuse my ignorance,I use to be a die hard droid guy. (gahhhhhh). :)