What's new

Iphone 4s - 3g performance issue

brvaland

Reaction score
Hi Experts,

I have upgraded to iOS 6.1 from 5.1.1 and used evasi0n 1.1 to jailbreak and all works fine including weather app.

Currently on with Vodafone Uk and I experiencing 3G performance issue.

I would like to know if I downgrade to iOS 6.0.1 will this resolve the problem or is it relate to baseband version which I believe you can't downgrade.

Please advise if there is alternative fix?

Thanks
Bhav

From what I've read online the past day or two.... UK wireless providers are urging their iPhone subscribers to not update to iOS 6.1. Unfortunately, there isn't a downgrade or rerestore process available for downgrading the 4S on 6.0+ yet. Let me find the article real quick...

As of this moment I'm not seeing an alternative fix anywhere. Apple's currently has 6.1.1 in beta... hopefully it'll iron out the 3G issues Vodafone is having w/ the 4S.

As Apple have released iOS 6.1.1. I have download and installed the update but I am still facing the problem with unstable 3G connection.

I have tried the following but no luck

1.) hard reboot pressing home and power button at the same time until apple logo appears.
2.) reset the network setting.
3.) factory restore iPhone and checked the 3G service without restore of backup but no luck.

Please let me of any other suggestions.

Hi All,

I have updated to iOS 6.1.2, but I am still facing intermittent connection with 3G on Vodafone UK.

My iPhone 4S is not in apple 1yr warranty, will I have to pay apple for the phone repair.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks