What's new

IPhone 4

gmac72

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought my daughter an iPhone 4 - used and she changed the pass-lock which later she forgot what it is. I tried to contact Apple but they suggested that I walk into any Apple Store and verify that this Phone is actually mine and then they may be able to help. In Kosovo we do not have Apple Store.

Also i noted that if there are 10 attempts - then the phone will be erased. I do not mind but I guess at the moment the phone is in that 'waiting period' for which, I am not sure maybe a week or so, before I will have the option of trying to remember the pass-lock again.

Can this phone be Jailbroken?. There aren't any important information so I do not mind if this gets completely restored to its original settings.

Any help it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

gmac72

Put the iPhone into DFU mode and restore using iTunes. Note that you cannot backup the data on the iPhone unless the passcode is unlocked. Even if you bring it to an Apple store, they won't unlock the phone for you. The most they'll do is backup your phone and restore your device. That's at most.

Thank you Willerz2

I am sorry but I am probably not the best person to be up to date with the technology these days but please let me know if I were to restore with DFU mode, can I in fact get the phone to its original status as it was. the iPhone is locked to Vodafone UK and only in that network it works. I need to pay more to have the officially unlocked, but it doesn't matter for now. My daughter can use it for music and games. Is that still possible?

If you restore using DFU mode, it wipes everything on the device and allows you to set up the device as a new and usable state.

Hi all,

I bought my daughter an iPhone 4 - used and she changed the pass-lock which later she forgot what it is. I tried to contact Apple but they suggested that I walk into any Apple Store and verify that this Phone is actually mine and then they may be able to help. In Kosovo we do not have Apple Store.

Also i noted that if there are 10 attempts - then the phone will be erased. I do not mind but I guess at the moment the phone is in that 'waiting period' for which, I am not sure maybe a week or so, before I will have the option of trying to remember the pass-lock again.

Can this phone be Jailbroken?. There aren't any important information so I do not mind if this gets completely restored to its original settings.

Any help it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

gmac72
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...de-beginners-35540/?highlight=guide+unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator.

Welcome and good luck!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner