What's new

Iphone 4 - wrong hacktivate?

Klecko

Reaction score
I finally went jailbreak my iPhone and what happened.

When Jailbreak with sn0wbreeze-v2.9.6, i selected hacktivate option and install SHH in Expert mode.

I guess I'm wrong in hacktivate, because I have an iPhone 4 GSM which is purchased in a t-mobile center with their sim card .

After the jailbreak and restore in iTunes I saw No services (no GSM networks and operators). I've done restore iPhone but it did not help. Iphone still with no service, no calls or SMS.

Can someone write the answer to my problem with No service?

Bigg thanks!

P.S.
We are talking about the iPhone 4, ver. 5.1.1 (9B208), modem firmware 04:12:01

Are you saying you bought the phone at T-Mobile and have one of their sim cards? You don't need to hacktivate if you are on a official carrier.

Are you saying you bought the phone at T-Mobile and have one of their sim cards? You don't need to hacktivate if you are on a official carrier.
Yes,i'am saying that.

Can't somebody help?

Yes,i'am saying that. Can't somebody help?
The problem is... your iPhone 4 has the 4.12.01 Baseband. This BB isn't unlockable... and therefore isn't able to be used on T-Mobile. That is unless it's a factory unlocked 4. I say this because you mentioned "jailbreak and restore..." What iOS version and BB was the iP4 on before the restore?

The problem is... your iPhone 4 has the 4.12.01 Baseband. This BB isn't unlockable... and therefore isn't able to be used on T-Mobile. That is unless it's a factory unlocked 4. I say this because you mentioned "jailbreak and restore..." What iOS version and BB was the iP4 on before the restore?

Before jailbreake IOS was ver. 5.1.1 (9B208) on IPhone 4.
As it's described in first post.

My only concern w/ the phone is... was it working on T-mobile when you bought it?!? I understand that you're question is regarding "hactivation", however the underlying issue is whether or not the phone is even unlocked to be used on T-mobile.

My only concern w/ the phone is... was it working on T-mobile when you bought it?!?
Iphone was working on T-mobile when I bought it. Still it is the same T-mobile sim card inside.

however the underlying issue is whether or not the phone is even unlocked to be used on T-mobile.
Iphone was never been unlocked. It locked on T-mobile network.
This was my first jailbreak.

Last edited:
Klecko said:
Iphone was never been unlocked. It locked on T-mobile network.
This was my first jailbreak.
that's the issue... there's no such thing as an iPhone that's "locked to t-mobile." It has to be unlocked in one way or another. That's what I'm trying to establish... how it was unlocked.

that's the issue... there's no such thing as an iPhone that's "locked to t-mobile." It has to be unlocked in one way or another. That's what I'm trying to establish... how it was unlocked.
Employee of T-mobile has activated Iphone when i bought it. But I guess only for T mobile network.

Is there a solution to my problem?

If you're from the uk then you can get an iPhone locked to t-mobile
I'am not, but that's not the point.

Because of hactivate i'got no service!
How can I restore mobile service?

Activate trough redsn0w?

Again with original IOS 5.1.1. with Itunes?

Solution, anyone?