What's new

iphone 4 vs Nokia N8

comparing a nokia to iphone.. nowkeeya as the americans pronounce it sucks, they used to be the best phones ever but they suck now

i disagree!!!
nokia phones are still great,they REALLY lack in any type of good programming/apps...i mean really lacking,almost a complete lack of the caliber of applications that i have seen.
other than that(and the 200 dollar price tag),i almost wish i was going to get the n8...come on 12mp cam with zenon flash would be sweet

i disagree!!!
nokia phones are still great,they REALLY lack in any type of good programming/apps...i mean really lacking,almost a complete lack of the caliber of applications that i have seen.
other than that(and the 200 dollar price tag),i almost wish i was going to get the n8...come on 12mp cam with zenon flash would be sweet

i have always bought nokia and nothing else, but after the n97 ill never buy another... the 5mp camera was worse then iphones 2mp one on the 3g

i disagree!!!

i have always bought nokia and nothing else, but after the n97 ill never buy another... the 5mp camera was worse then iphones 2mp one on the 3g

I concur with that feeling, I too have always bought Nokia, but after the N900, I have lost fate in them. No voice navigation as offered on all new Nokias, no MMS and a lack of applications. Frankly acquiring the N900 was a very big mistake. I felt abandoned. So I had to jump ship.

i disagree!!!

I concur with that feeling, I too have always bought Nokia, but after the N900, I have lost fate in them. No voice navigation as offered on all new Nokias, no MMS and a lack of applications. Frankly acquiring the N900 was a very big mistake. I felt abandoned. So I had to jump ship.

i remember the n900 when it was released all those who had the n97 where saying damn i wish i waited for the n900, so it turns out that was not so good?

nokia had a good run though, one thing that i hated about nokia was the fact that depending on where you buy it it has different languages and for some who only speak english it doesent matter but for me i hated it i really like that no matter where you buy the iphone it has the same languages or the fact i can leave the light on all the time with out it timing out and the app store apps like colloquy that sucked on the n97 or there was no nokia equivalent.

who knows maybe htc or droid phones are good but for now im sticking with iphone

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!"

But seriously, I used to be a Nokia fanboy until I got my N98 and had nothing but issues with it. I can honestly say that I will only ever have iPhone's or Blackberry's from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be a Nokia every time boy....but the worsening Christmas cracker-like build quality got to me in the end. Loose sliders, paint coming off keys, creaking plastics, loose battery covers.....if only Nokia had spent a few more dollars on the build side of things, they would have kept my complete loyalty. Sadly I have strayed now and it would take a truly special handset to reel me back in.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!"

But seriously, I used to be a Nokia fanboy until I got my N98 and had nothing but issues with it.

Actually, I was quite happy with my N96, never had any problems and I am still using it after ditching the N900. I have quite a few important applications on my N96 which I could not get on my N900. I should have thought about it, a new OS is not always the best way to go as it all depends if apps developers decide to jump on that new wagon.

well whatever works for you, who cares what product it is as long as it does its job

After Nokia N8 Nokia has launched another smartphone based on the new Symbian platform Nokia C7.Nokia C7 designed for social networking conscious audience.
Nokia C7 combines stainless steel and glass in a sleek, full-touch design. Its 3.5 inch AMOLED display is ideal for networking. It allows updates from Facebook and Twitter fed directly to the home screen, as well as one touch access to many popular email accounts including OVI Mail, Yahoo Mail and Windows Live(TM) Hotmail.

you know one thing i thought of that really pissed me off about nokia? pardon my french but every firmware updated was released on different dates depending on what COLOUR your nokia was white/black depending on what country you where in and also what carrier you where on, sim free phones got them first then slowly carriers would get the updates, so then people would change their codes so they can simply update FIRMWARE :O then the languages on the phone are different depending on where you buy it, and to most only english speakers that really does not matter at all. and when i asked on nokia support forums they where like then why did you buy it from ebay? so i am supposed to spend extra hundreds for the phone just to have my language? and you could change code to get the language but then the keys on the hardware keyboard would change around, then on top of it i was unable to keep the back light turned on all the time, so i would be using an app and the light would just TURN OFF and i had to download an app to keep it on, only when i was using an app it would do it. the ovi store sucks and has nothing good in it, the apps i find so easily on my iphone i couldent find anything good on the nokia.

though the nokia has bluetooth send /receive and i was able to select any mp3 and set it as a ringtone or sms i like being able to do that, and pc suite sucks imo.. the down sides out weigh the good and the last phone i will ever buy is another nokia, going from always buying nokia and refusing to buy anything else to not wanting to buy the crap again lol. all those reasons why i ditched my iphone 3g and went back to nokia suddenly meant nothing and i started to miss all those features of my iphone :D

after the iphone 3gs was released i thought what crap is this its the same rubbish as the 3g so i moved back to nokia after having been buying nothing but nokia.

if i decide to go off iphone again i will buy an lg before buying another nokia