What's new

iPhone 4 Update <Unlock Ticket>

ZiadOmran

Reaction score
Hey, I'm using my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 and baseband: 02.10.04
I want to ask you if I still can update my baseband but still having the iOS 5.1.1
I have the unlock ticket, I did it with SAM when it was working, and I saved it!
Does my plans work? Or it's a dumb move to do?

P.S: I want to update my baseband, because on 02.10.04 it's annoying to only have 1 signal bar! It's very annoying!

Please I want an answer.. A fast reply..

Impossible to update the baseband only unless you're changing the board. Save your SHSH blobs, update your iOS without preserving the baseband, then downgrade your iOS. You can do it on the 3GS with Cydia but not on any other device

Last edited:
It will still possible to unlock using my unlock ticket?

As long as you can get Cydia on the device you can SAM unlock with a saved ticket

I will give it a try tonight.. Does it resolve my 1 bar issue?

Depends on the carrier that you're unlocked to, not just the device.

If their native tower signals aren't strong enough, you won't get much signal? Or if there's interference in the air, that also weakens signal.

No! It isn't a signal issue! I read about it! It'a from my baseband! I downloaded ultrasn0w! It gives the right signal strength! (about 4-5 bars) but it drains a lot of battery!
Upgrading the baseband would still drain battery?

There's a known hardware issue on the iPhone 4 for its antennae. Updating the baseband may or may not help your problem. Find out by updating your iOS to iOS 6 with your 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved, then downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1

Now you are back into an area I can speak on.

Cellular tower coverage along with the number of people using those towers is what dictates your "number of bars". In layman terms:

If you are standing 1 mile and have a direct line of sight to the tower and no one else is using it, you will have 5 bars because the amount of power needed to keep communication with the tower will be low (IE the dBm will be around -80). As you add people the tower only has so many channels it can keep open at one time. So even you don't move one inch, as soon as you add 1000 people to that tower, your phone now has to compete to get the towers attention. This requires you up your power to due to the amount of noise and your dBm gets worse as it heads toward -93. Then as the tower gets truly crowded, then your power requirement jumps even higher as your dBm now reaches -100.

Now that is a very simplified overview which doesn't take into account buildings (reflective and blocked signals), EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) or your bodies own ability to act like a power sink.

But hopefully you get the gist.

No! It isn't a signal issue! I read about it! It'a from my baseband! I downloaded ultrasn0w! It gives the right signal strength! (about 4-5 bars) but it drains a lot of battery!
Upgrading the baseband would still drain battery?

Read my explanation and your "drains a lot of battery" is explained. Even if you managed to fixed the cellular radio code to be flawless, you still have to deal with the reality I laid out.

The fact is: I have a strong coverage! The coverage of my carrier is great! But it's always 1 bar! Even though I get close to the antenna and everything! If I don't have a signal at all, it shows: No Signal! It's a known issue on 02.10.04
When I had the 1 signal bar, it didn't drain a lot of battery! But when I downloaded Ultrasn0w and the signal bars are restored, the battery is draining fast.. That's what I wanted to say!

Battery drain like Skull One said, also contributes to the amount of people using the same service. The more you fight for it, the more "energy" you need to keep it up. There are many cases where people claim that UltraSn0w is a battery drainer. Turns out it's just their own tweaks, 3G, Wifi usage that's messing with their battery life. You can glue your iPhone to an antennae and someone else might have better signal than you 5 blocks away.

The fact is: I have a strong coverage! The coverage of my carrier is great! But it's always 1 bar! Even though I get close to the antenna and everything! If I don't have a signal at all, it shows: No Signal! It's a known issue on 02.10.04
When I had the 1 signal bar, it didn't drain a lot of battery! But when I downloaded Ultrasn0w and the signal bars are restored, the battery is draining fast.. That's what I wanted to say!

Wait... You had good battery life but you didn't like the fact that the phone only showed one bar? Then you decided to "fix it" when it wasn't broken and now it shows you what you want but now you are complaining that battery life is now bad....

Yeah, I can't help with that issue.