What's new

iphone 4 unlock in another country

yashraj.joshi

Reaction score
hey guys...my iphone 4 is carrier locked to US at&t, but i live in india...so if i have an at&t sim, can i activate the iphone in india to get past the itunes screen...

Nope. The carrier lock information is stored in a global GSM database. Only AT&T can unlock your phone, and they won't do it.

thanks for the quick reply...one more thing, if i get an at&t sim from US is it possible then to activate the iphone in india...you know by using the sim n connecting to itunes...

No it will not work first because you need to have signal of att on the phone, second even if the fact that an att sim is in the phone just works, then it means that you will have to keep that att sim card in the phone all the time for the phone to remain unlocked, once you remove that att sim and load it an india sim card, the phone will be locked again. Your only way to unlock your iPhone will be to get in touch with att and ask them to know how you could unlock your iPhone and use it in India, another alternative will be to jailbreak it, but everything once again will depend on your iPhone baseband. The unlocking tool which you can find in Cydia after jail breaking "ultraslow" is not supporting all baseband so...