What's new

iphone 4 unlock and jail!

avi88

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up!! :D havent been around in a while! due to testing the phone market! but im back on the greatest phone ever!:D

ok heres the thing, I have an iphone 4 on 4.0.2, i need to deffo unlock it,
is there any way to do it? also to jailbreak! :( i really am desperate.
I already have the 4s which is unlocked!
please can you guys help me!
Id really apreciate it! kinda lost my touch on iphones:(

oh god :( i upgraded to 5.0.1 thinking it would be OK to do so for unlocking and jailbreaking! have i lost all hope now? :( bad times!

It's all good, the jb will work with 5.0.1.

what jailbreak do i use? what about unlocking ??? :D ahh this is good! do i use redsn0w??

Right now all there is is a tethered jailbreak, but i expect Pod2g to release his untethered jailbreak soon. For now you use Redsn0w, make sure you have the latest version!

ahh whats this about a Gevey ultra sim? could that unlock it! i tried red snow, it said its not supported or something. :S
im on iphone 4, 5.0.1, 04.11.08
would that sim work? or would i have to wait :) thanks man! apreciate it!

Gevey is not compatible with 04.11.08, there is no way to unlock that baseband. If you are using Redsn0w to jailbreak 5.0.1 you MUST point redsn0w at a 5.0 IPSW because 5.0.1 is not natively supported.

ohh! darn i download 5.0.1 aha ok! so will there be an unlock avaliable soon! the phone is locked on tmobile.
do you think it would work in another country? i live in the UK.
I bought it off a friend tbh, for a cheap price. :)
wish i could jailbreak my iphone 4s! just got to wait right?

@Jmills87, when you say there is no unlock for this baseband, do you mean like never? please tell me there working on one!

ouch! thats not good! so what options do i have? if any!

ahh, what about contacting the provider where is it locked too? would they unlock it? Im from the UK

ahh, what about contacting the provider where is it locked too? would they unlock it? Im from the UK

Depends who it's locked to, but if the original SIM contract is all paid off then UK providers will often consider unlocking the phone if you plead the case. You may have a problem if they realise you are not the original owner though..., so play it smart. Don't say you bought it second hand off a mate cheap!