What's new

iPhone 4 Running 4.2.1 Self Dialing and Self Texting--Please Help!

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
In the last couple months I've found the phone I locked and put in my pocket to be dialing, have made a call, or sent blank or garbage texts on its own. Just now the phone was on the table and I picked it up (it was locked), and it was scrolling "DDDDDDDDDDD......" across the screen in a text to my wife. Earlier it sent her a blank text. At 5:00 this morning the locked phone in my pocket rang and it was a buddy, who my phone woke up a minute earlier by self dialing.

Seems to happen every few days then 2-3 incidents then nothing for a couple days.

Any clue as to what's going on or the fix? Thanks.....Jeff.

Pseudo-Fed said:
In the last couple months I've found the phone I locked and put in my pocket to be dialing, have made a call, or sent blank or garbage texts on its own. Just now the phone was on the table and I picked it up (it was locked), and it was scrolling "DDDDDDDDDDD......" across the screen in a text to my wife. Earlier it sent her a blank text. At 5:00 this morning the locked phone in my pocket rang and it was a buddy, who my phone woke up a minute earlier by self dialing.

Seems to happen every few days then 2-3 incidents then nothing for a couple days.

Any clue as to what's going on or the fix? Thanks.....Jeff.

Wow I'd do a factory restore, or take it to the apple store. That'd be very annoying.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff