What's new

iphone 4 restore wont work?

rsfan74

Reaction score
My friend recently tried syncing my phone for me so I coumld get it reset and unlocked to tesco from orange, when he fetched it back he told me the phone had to be restored, held the home button, plugged in the lead, downloaded the update and restore on itunes but when it finished the phone done nothing, the screen is just constantly on the apple logo and will do nothing at all, its a iphone4 could someone please help as my daughter is waiting to have the phone and im already paying the new contract :-(

Iphone4 on the newest ios 6

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

The method used was recovery mode. It's recommended that you use a DFU restore instead of a Recovery restore.

Connect to iTunes, look for a tutorial on iTunes to teach you how to put it in recovery mode and follow what they do, download iTunes and simply restore the phone to factory settings and upgrade OS. Your friend probably tried unlocking it.

Many Thanks,
Software

Connect to iTunes, look for a tutorial on iTunes to teach you how to put it in recovery mode and follow what they do, download iTunes and simply restore the phone to factory settings and upgrade OS. Your friend probably tried unlocking it.

Many Thanks,
Software

The iPhone has already been restored in recovery mode. It's always recommended that you restore using DFU mode....

Last edited:
I restored in recovery mode? I've ended up bricking my device twice this week and they've both been recovery mode.

Many thanks,
Software

I restored in recovery mode? I've ended up bricking my device twice this week and they've both been recovery mode.

Many thanks,
Software
Bricking the same device twice is impossible. Because once an iDevice is "bricked," there's no bringing it back. Thus, the relation to an absolutely unusable brick.

Bricking the same device twice is impossible. Because once an iDevice is "bricked," there's no bringing it back. Thus, the relation to an absolutely unusable brick.

There is an exception to that rule. Only the 3GS can be multi-bricked and revived, assuming it was bricked through Ac1dSiri. Only in that case would you be able to multi-brick a device and revive it.

There is an exception to that rule. Only the 3GS can be multi-bricked and revived, assuming it was bricked through Ac1dSiri. Only in that case would you be able to multi-brick a device and revive it.
Can't say that I've heard of Ac1dSiri. Perhaps why I wasn't aware of this one exception... LOL!!

It's a Siriport. The 3GS is the only device that can easily have its com.springboard.plist manipulated by replacing it when you get the device bricked and end up with a bad Sprinboard.plist. It's the most common solution for bricked 3GS' that use Ac1d Siri :)