What's new

iPhone 4 Prototype Turns Up On Ebay, Going for Silly Money!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_prototype_ebay.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A very strange story has been playing out on Ebay today, that was first noticed by iPhone Dev Team member pytey on his Twitter feed and then picked up by Chris Ziegler on the “This is my next...” blog. Basically, someone has listed an iPhone 4 prototype on Ebay, which appears to be completely genuine. Ziegler writes that he believes this to be the first time that an iPhone 4 prototype has been auctioned publicly outside of the Far East. Their sources tell them that the prototype has similar hardware to that of the iPhone 4 prototype that Gizmodo got their hands on last year. Apparently it even has the code clearly visible that Apple uses to indentify which employee the phone belongs to. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When first reported on, the top bid for the prototype was $810. Engadget has been tracking its progress, which by 8:44am ET on July 4 was at just over $2,000. Bids had gone up as high as $100,000, but according to Engadget, these were false bids that the seller had to cancel. At the time of writing the current bid stands at $999,999.01, but I’m guessing that just might be another false bid! The listing currently has another seven days to run.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: iPhone 4 prototype shows up on eBay | This is my next..., [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]iPhone 4 prototype surfaces on eBay: A+++ condition, would buy again -- Engadget[/FONT]