What's new

Iphone 4 or wait to get iphone 5 ?

bamaboy74

Reaction score
Should i get the 4 in the morning or wait till june for the 5? A 2 year contract sorta stinks!!!

There's no guarantee that a iPhone 5 will be released in June. Most likely...yes but still no guarantee.

Get the "4" now and then in June if "5" shows up and it is significantly better you could always dump the "4" and then get the "5".

Cya

I'll be stealing an upgrade at the end of the month to get the 4. My line is due for upgrade later this year so if the 5 does come out before then I'll just get it at my upgrade date.

If the phone works now, and you can live without an iPhone for a few more months, I would wait until the summer for the 5. That's what I'm doing.

I heard that the iPhone5 will be LTE compatible which means VZW will be doing the same that AT&T is doing with the tiered data plan. I just got the iPhone4 for my wife and I because I didn't want to deal with the tiered data plan and would rather pay $29.99 / month for unlimited and as much as we truly use the Internet on the phones that we have had, to us at least, who cares about LTE/4G.

Just my 2cents though.

If you look at the history of just about any cell phone model, the GSM version always is released 6 months to 1 year before the CDMA version. They do this because the GSM market is so much bigger. Think about older models - the HTC Touch Diamond, iPhone, Blackberry Bold...they always drop on GSM first. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Verizon version drops next January.

If you look at the history of just about any cell phone model, the GSM version always is released 6 months to 1 year before the CDMA version. They do this because the GSM market is so much bigger. Think about older models - the HTC Touch Diamond, iPhone, Blackberry Bold...they always drop on GSM first. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Verizon version drops next January.
There is talk that the iPhone 5 will work on either AT&T or Verizon, since it will be using the same chip in the Verizon iPhone 4 that can utilize GSM or CDMA.