What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak OFFICIAL How To

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Cq1hr65kw[/ame]​

Finally! Everyone, thanks for baring with me and the staff over at iPhone4Forum.NET. The Jailbreak is finally released to the public for iPhone 4. This Jailbreak works on all of the following as well:

iPod 1G on 3.1.2
iPod 1G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 3.1.2
iPod 2G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 4.0
iPod 3G on 3.1.2
iPod 3G on 3.1.3
iPod 3G on 4.0
iPad on 3.2
iPad on 3.2.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 4 on 4.0
iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Now thats a lot of devices! This video will show you a problem I run into as well as what I did to make it successful. The Jailbreak was super easy and took almost no work. All apps in Cydia aren't working fully, but a lot are as well. So of course it will take some time to update everything to the new platform, but we'll get there. Enjoy the Jailbreak guys, we're free at last!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On your Device:
JailbreakMe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!!

Iphone4 is my first apple Device so this jailbreak virgin is excited. I have to wait till I get home tho uhhhg

fyi: Skype 2.1 will not work in Apple's new backround after the jailbrake. Same problem with the iPad.
Hope this can be fixed. I think that the problem has to do with the mobile substrate because other programs work in the backround OK. If you are in a Skype call and go to another program, the call is dropped and Skype must be re-booted. Anyone having a fix for this please post it.
thanks,
Bob

HUGE NEWS!! This is awesome, thanks for the post Phil!

Done.....couldn't resist. I have always gone back to stock so hopefully this time battery life is better..... its crazy easy!!!

If site crashes close safari browser and delete safari running on background then reopen browser and visit site again to jailbreak.

Nothing major, First of all If it dosent work the first time just reload the site, It took me 5 tries.
If you loose your Facetime and MMS, reload Cydia reset your network settings and all should be fine, If not you might need to restore and jb again..
There is some pixelization on the boot screen after the JB which Comex says is normal? I would not call it normal but it really dosent hurt anything and is gone when you get to your springboard...
All n all the best jailbreak to date, and I did expect lots of small bugs which I just cant seem to find! Amazing work...

Just Jailbroken my UK iPhone 4, mine was a SIM free one from Apple :)

Incredibly easy to do.

Hmm now how to change that boring lock screen lol

thats great finally a jailbreak for the iphone 4 what so many have been waiting for.. great post

Just Jailbroken my UK iPhone 4, mine was a SIM free one from Apple :)

Incredibly easy to do.

Hmm now how to change that boring lock screen lol

lock screen? use winterboard and then you will find a tone of winterboard apps to change everything in cydia like the slide to unlock arrow and the wifi icon or carrier name, just type those key words into cydia once you install winterboard