What's new

iPhone 4 IOS4/5/6 - Constant Springboard Crashes

dboy1612

Reaction score
I've been jailbreaking my phone on and off since IOS 4, in the end I've always resorted back to apple official installation because Springboard would always constantly crash 2 to 3 times a day at random. I've done so many tests that I've run out of ideas. I've done fresh installs without restoring backups, different IOS versions, even not installing any cydia applications what so ever and still Springboard finds a reason to crash while it's in my pocket 2-3 times a day. Now it's beginning to happen on my girlfriends phone as well, I'm a loss.

I was hoping maybe to get some information if anyone has any. Here's my latest Springboard crash log in the link below. From what I can see, there's nothing specific that's causing the crash, but maybe I've missed it. Any help is appcieated.

Log - Pastebin.com

Not seeing anything wrong with the logs at first glance. Are you simply restoring by pressing the restore button on iTunes or are you putting it into DFU mode every restore.

When I do a restore in iTunes, it's usually with DFU mode just to make things simpler. Though I haven't restored it since 6.0 came out.

Instead of looking for an SB log, look for a panic.plist in your logs when it does crash and boot to safe mode.