What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 6.0 modem firmware 04.12.02

Ruthl3ss

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Matthew.
Just got my first iPhone4 (Moved from Android - Don't hate me lol) and it's running iOS 6 with a modem firmware 04.12.02
The last time I worked with iPhones was quiet some time ago with 3G/3GS and jailbreaking them & so I'm just wondering if things are still the same!
Would this guide be applicable to my modem firmware? I know the iOS's match and that's not my concern, it's just if my modem firmware is compatible!
Also with IPSW's, is there a specific one I need?
Thank you all in advance!
MODERATION NOTICE: Removed external link

Last edited by a moderator:
You need the saved SAM ticket or it won't work. Personally, I'd just invest 20$ for a Gevey SIM.

Hey mate - thanks for the hasty reply!
Not too sure what you mean when you refer to a Gevey SIM or a SAM Ticket?
I remember reading a SAM ticket is for unlocking a phone to all networks (Not sure if that's right xD) - but haven't come across it in jail-breaking.
Can someone verify this?
And if it's the case how would I go about acquiring a SAM ticket/GEVEY Sim

Gevey SIM is a physical chipset that you put in between your SIM card and the SIM-tray. SAM tickets are a way for you to fool iTunes into thinking that you're unlocked and approved by Apple. There's no way to generate SAM tickets from what I'm getting at unless you have them backed up since it's patched as far as I know.

EDIT: Woops I lied. 04.12.02BB is not supported by Gevey. The only way to unlock it now is with an IMEI unlock or a factory unlock.

Last edited:
But I'm not wanting to unlock my phone? It's already unlocked to all networks :)
I want to jailbreak it..

If you're jailbreaking, your modem doesn't matter, only your iOS and processor chipset would matter. The iPhone 4 is an A4 device and there's a semi-untethered jailbreak out for A4 devices that's more for developer use than user use.

Sweet :D
Is there a certain IPSW I should use or?

The only IPSW you can use is iOS 6 unless you have saved SHSH blobs for an earlier iOS for that device. Only A4 devices are downgradeable with RedSn0w blob stitching. When jailbreaking, select the IPSW for your iPhone's iOS 6 and jailbreak it. Then manually install Cydia with puTTy and SSH

Alright, sweet so I got it jailbroken and went through with puTTy etc.
I've now got Cydia on my springboard and when I go to click it, it opens up a page and then closes automatically.
Thoughts?

I have the same problem so if you can figure out how to fix it please let me know.

Hey guys, I'm Matthew.
Just got my first iPhone4 (Moved from Android - Don't hate me lol) and it's running iOS 6 with a modem firmware 04.12.02
The last time I worked with iPhones was quiet some time ago with 3G/3GS and jailbreaking them & so I'm just wondering if things are still the same!
Would this guide be applicable to my modem firmware? I know the iOS's match and that's not my concern, it's just if my modem firmware is compatible!
Also with IPSW's, is there a specific one I need?
Thank you all in advance!
MODERATION NOTICE: Removed external link

Hello and welcome to the community.
Please refrain from posting external links. Read the forum rules!
Also you can search for help on how to jailbreak within the forum.
Thanks Johnwolves iPhoneforums.net staff

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Hey Johnwolves!
Sorry, do apologize it slipped my mind!
Hey Johnwolves, do you perhaps have any solution to my problem! D:
My Cydia keeps crashing upon attempting to bring it up - I've gone through Putty etc, too!

Alright guys, got it figured out!

Do as you normally would going through an SSH client.
Root@<I.P Address>
Password: alpine

If you're on iOS 6 GM
Use the following script and let it run.

wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

I used puTTY

EDIT: Just tried to use my 3G (I'm with Vodafone, Aus, Melbourne) and it's not working (Can only access iMessage/Webpages through WiFi)
Anyone else?

Last edited:
Alright guys, got it figured out!

Do as you normally would going through an SSH client.
Root@<I.P Address>
Password: alpine

If you're on iOS 6 GM
Use the following script and let it run.

wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

I used puTTY

EDIT: Just tried to use my 3G (I'm with Vodafone, Aus, Melbourne) and it's not working (Can only access iMessage/Webpages through WiFi)
Anyone else?

That was the original instruction for the jailbreak in the first place.

Go open up PuTTy again and have it connect to your iPhone. Then type in the following

su

alpine

apt-get remove cydia

(Y or Yes for any confirmations)

apt-get install cydia

That'll remove Cydia and reinstall it without having to go through the pain staking process of trial and error with jailbreaking it over and over.