What's new

iPhone 4 home button slightly slower than others.

Adam2k90

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my home button is slower than my brothers he is on is4.2 I am 4.3. My phone is newer.

What do u mean by slower? It does respond but with a delay? Or you need to press several times before it respond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Responds but with a Slight delay.

Wait!!!!

Do u rely on unlock? If yes then u can brick ur phone if you restore. Be careful.

Now, maybe restore is not needed. Try closing all background processes and rebooting.

Responds but with a Slight delay.
Issues with your iOS, not the home button. Fresh restore your iOS and that issue will go away.

If I do a fresh restore how do I get all my settings back?

Perform a backup of your iOS in itunes, if you relay on unlock then save shsh of yout device with tinyU, restore to the same iOS you are having at the moment. After that, restore your backup and see if the issue is solve, but if it's a corrupted file inside the files you've backuped causing that issue, you will have the same issue after restoring your backup. So you can find it out by playing with the device a while after a fresh restore to make sure that your home button is ok. Then restore your backup and see how it goes with your home button.

Wait!!!!

Do u rely on unlock? If yes then u can brick ur phone if you restore. Be careful.

Now, maybe restore is not needed. Try closing all background processes and rebooting.

Tried it and have to send iPhone to Apple tomorrow anyway so nothing to lose.