What's new

iPhone 4 error

k3ep3r

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with the iPhone. Its not mine phone, but I will try to describe the problem.
IPhone does not start after turning on, it doesnt show any desktop, only show connect to iTunes.
So I connect it to iTunes (I have the latest version) it downloaded the new software (approx. 50 min) and require a restore. When the dam starts to restore and install , at the end of installation write me this error:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

then restarts the phone and I am where I was at start. Can not someone please advise me what to do with this? Because I have not found anything on google about the error. Thank you Regards, Marcel. ( Sorry for english i hope u understood)

It sounds like an application on the phone is somehow interfering. Delete them from the phone (anything that relates to image sharing) and try again. You can always redownload the deleted apps after new firmware is installed.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

there is problem i cant turn that phone on. So i cant delete aplications. When I turn that phone on, it just shows image : connect to iTunes

When you connect to iTunes, can you stop the install process and see your iPhone in the left hand column of the iTunes window? If so, I'm wondering if you can delete applications fron there before it proceeds.

Try this:

To restore iPhone and reset the phone to default factory settings, follow these steps:
Turn off iPhone – Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider. Ignore this step if your iPhone is already off.
Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.

Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t
Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.
iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.
You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.
Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory, typically a working phone again if you face any problem, unless it’s hardware related.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, just another thought. Does your computer have USB 2 ports or USB 1? USB 1 can cause problems. Maybe try upgrading it on someone elses computer.

if i turn it off, and hold home button for more than 10 sec it doesnt show anything. I dont know what is with that phone. Cant turn him on, cant restore it, that 10second hold of home button doesnt works... but thanks for trying help me

i removed sim but anyways nothing happens when i hold 10 second button. I have new notebook so i think usb ports are okey. Ill go try it on friends PC at night and ill post here report. Thanks so much, latter i post.

I tried it on friends PC but it doesnt do anything too ... is there that opinion , i will go to iphone/mobile service and they will burn me new software or something like that ? If yes how much does it costs please ?

That I don't know, sorry. Ring them up first and explain your situation, you never know, they may be able to help you over the phone.