What's new

iphone 4 does not show network after jailbreak

athif

Reaction score
i have jailbroken my friends iphone with IOS 5.0.1

after the jailbreak it just comes up as "no service"
She used the Gevey sim card since the phone is second hand and she is on a different network now
The Jailbreak has worked and the phone runs fine, but wont connect to her service provider
When i take the sim card out of hers and put it in mine it works fine and even when i put mine in hers it does not work, I am also jailbroken on IOS 5.0.1
We both have the same Baseband too...

what cant be wrong? they are both iphone 4 16gbs

U should ask before u upgrade ur friend's iPhone cos gevey sim won't work anymore from iOS 5.0 !

U messed up ur friends phone. Now YOURE responsible

Last edited by a moderator:
By the sound of the OPs post, he preserved the baseband while updating. Which only means one thing, the SIM she is using is probably counterfeit. Have you tried using your own Gevey on her phone to see if that's the case?

By the sound of the OPs post, he preserved the baseband while updating. Which only means one thing, the SIM she is using is probably counterfeit. Have you tried using your own Gevey on her phone to see if that's the case?

yes the basebands are the same, my phone does not use gevey, it was purchased from virgin mobile and i am still with them so i am still using their sim card, when i put her Bell sim card in mine it still works, but my sim wont work on her phone and hers wont eaither

what could be the issue?

You must have a factory unlocked iPhone and she doesn't, you still haven't told us what baseband.

the basebands are 4.11.08 i have read that you can downgrade these basebands

That is why it's not working, Gevey is not compatible with 04.11.08, and no, there is no way to downgrade baseband.

crap crap, i told her though i cant fix it, she said its fine, she mainly uses it to text and she can always use facebook since everyones on wifi...

im going to buy her the gevey card when it comes out for 4.11.08