What's new

iPhone 4 Black or White or Just Black

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone4-bw-615.jpg

When I first ran across an article from ModMyi that showed a leak AT&T document indicating we might only be able to pre-order the iPhone 4 in black, I chuckled because a Michael Jackson song popped in my head right away (Black or White). Like the song goes, it doesn't matter if it's black or white really applies to the new iPhone 4. Unless I'm the oddball out, who is really purchasing the phone because of the color?

Apparently (see above image emailed to AT&T employees) the iPhone 4 will ONLY be available in black for pre-orders and launch. The initial lineup will be the 3G in 8GB, and the black iPhone 4 at 16GB and 32GB.

The white 16GB and 32GB iPhone 4 will be available "later this summer."

Would you hold out for a white one?

I want a white one....but I know I don't have the patience! Been trying to order from Apple or AT&T all morning but no luck so far.

lol i wanted the white one but hell no i won't wait

i dont like the look of the white one i think the black looks better but i think both should be just as available why do they make people wait for the white

I thought the white looked good until I noticed you can see the sensor above the ear hole. After that, I stuck with the black, like all my previous iPhones, well, except for the 2G. 16GB Black shipped/delivered June 24.

i dont like the look of the white one i think the black looks better but i think both should be just as available why do they make people wait for the white

marketing.. people have an attachment to their pretty, clean iphone. they'll get people that must wait for that reason and people that will jump on first available (like at a restaurant) for convenience. then they will split up their "rush" times between two dates, rather than have (assuming as many people that pre-ordered want to wait for white), say, 1,200,000 orders in one day. it's just not doable for them. it makes sense to release a little at a time to split up the chaos.

at least that's my take on it. ;)

yeah i dident think of it like that heh good call for apple, but i think a lot of people who wanted white will settle for black and rather not wait, but i bet a lot will wait for the white