What's new

Iphone 4 battery case

railybobs

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to recommend a good battery case for my iPhone 4?

I've searched eBay and they all seem to be similar but differ greatly in price.

staticmap

[Moderator edit: Removed link to advertisement. Please read the forum rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality does cost. I recommend the Mophie batteries. Either their 99 dollar Juice Pack Plus or their 79 dollar Juice Pack Air will do you find. I have two of the 79 dollar one and one 99 dollar one.

I have the mophie Juice Pack Plus. I'll be fully testing it in the next few days, but do far I like it.

Watch out for fake Mophie though. They're cheaper (around 40 usd), made of cheap material and can do damage to your internal iphone battery. Better purchase through mophie.com.

If you buy the Mophie from the Apple Store, you can bet it's not a fake.

I've been using one for several months now, and find the extra battery capacity invaluable, to the point where my Otterbox Defender, which was replaced under warranty due to an almost illegible screen, has never been used.

KevinJS said:
If you buy the Mophie from the Apple Store, you can bet it's not a fake.

I've been using one for several months now, and find the extra battery capacity invaluable, to the point where my Otterbox Defender, which was replaced under warranty due to an almost illegible screen, has never been used.

So you'd say it's worth the money?

How many extra hours of usage do you get out of it, and do you ever get that annoying "Charging isn't supported with this accessory" message? :)!

So you'd say it's worth the money?

How many extra hours of usage do you get out of it, and do you ever get that annoying "Charging isn't supported with this accessory" message? :)!

It's definitely worth the money. I haven't run any tests but it just about doubles the life between charges. I've seen that message once, when the Mophie was being charged in my truck.

One thing I have noticed is that the Mophie can interfere with the headphone sound output, sometimes quite noticeably.

KevinJS said:
It's definitely worth the money. I haven't run any tests but it just about doubles the life between charges. I've seen that message once, when the Mophie was being charged in my truck.

One thing I have noticed is that the Mophie can interfere with the headphone sound output, sometimes quite noticeably.

Hmm. That's odd. I wonder why it interferes with the headphones??

Thanks for your input. I've really been considering this product myself. :)!

Just search for iPhone battery case on eBay. I got a generic one that is matte black rubber touch, charges from 20% to around 85% and only cost $29.99. Offers good protection too

I have the Mophie Juice Pack Plus and it works just great. It fits perfectly with the iPhone 4 and 4S. It holds up to one complete charge and another 30% more, may be a little less but is great when you forget to charge it.

The case make it kinda bulky but I like it a lot and I recommend to use it only when you need to charge it only for esthetic reasons.

And one important point you should check if you're buying one is the size of your headphones or earphones connector. I'm using the apple earphones and works great but the space to put them is not gonna work with all the headphones.

Hope you find this info useful.

why not get a usb battery pack that you can charge anything with. good for people like me with iphones and ipads daily.

Those of you with Mophies, are you using them as cases or only using them when iPhone is dying and after charged taking them off?