What's new

Iphone 4 anti scratch screen

iHolophyte

Reaction score
Apologies if this needs to be referred to the correct part of the correct forum!

iPhone 4 anti scratch screen what's your thoughts? I've had my iPhone 4, 3 months now and no heavy usage and I've not got huge false female nails as I'm a bloke but I have noticed a few scratch marks already, for saying it's suppose to be anti! It's a bit like the shatterproof rulers in school..LOL.. I have now put a plastic screen over it to protect it but as it stated anti scratch it was one if the things that appealed to me with not having to so called protect it! Anyone else have this ingenious problem?

I have had my iPod touch for over 5 months now, though I get load of finger marks on it I have no actual scratches
How do you keep you screen clean? I use a silk cloth from my glasses.
Also I keep it in a leather case which has a leather cover over the screen, which lifts up when I want to use it.
Do you put your phone it you pocket ? This can cause scratches if screen is not protected.

davedrizen said:
I have had my iPod touch for over 5 months now, though I get load of finger marks on it I have no actual scratches
How do you keep you screen clean? I use a silk cloth from my glasses.
Also I keep it in a leather case which has a leather cover over the screen, which lifts up when I want to use it.
Do you put your phone it you pocket ? This can cause scratches if screen is not protected.

Yes I keep it in my pocket. The scratches are not massively noticeable but still..... I think it's happened as my house keys are in the same pocket. I keep my screen clean with a glasses cloth too. The plastic protectors doing a gear job now apart from it's beginning to bubble around the edge.

holophyte said:
Apologies if this needs to be referred to the correct part of the correct forum!

iPhone 4 anti scratch screen what's your thoughts? I've had my iPhone 4, 3 months now and no heavy usage and I've not got huge false female nails as I'm a bloke but I have noticed a few scratch marks already, for saying it's suppose to be anti! It's a bit like the shatterproof rulers in school..LOL.. I have now put a plastic screen over it to protect it but as it stated anti scratch it was one if the things that appealed to me with not having to so called protect it! Anyone else have this ingenious problem?

I have never had any scratches on my phone. You might not want to put your phone in your pocket with keys or anything that could possibly scratch it. I use to use a zagg invisible shield but that just prevented me from putting my phone inside a case.

Last edited:
holophyte said:
Yes I keep it in my pocket. The scratches are not massively noticeable but still..... I think it's happened as my house keys are in the same pocket. I keep my screen clean with a glasses cloth too. The plastic protectors doing a gear job now apart from it's beginning to bubble around the edge.

I keep my iPhone in a pocket separate from everything else. There's no scratches either! I don't use a screen protector either. I do put it in a otterbox defender while I'm at work, but it comes off when I get home or go to class.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

5er driver said:
Same here. Nothing in the pocket except the phone. No coins, keys, etc.

That's the best way to guarantee no scratches. I know the screen is supposed to be anti scratch, but you really can't expect it to resist metal. Well I don't at least lol.

darkstar2007 said:
I keep my iPhone in a pocket separate from everything else. There's no scratches either! I don't use a screen protector either. I do put it in a otterbox defender while I'm at work, but it comes off when I get home or go to class.

Otterbox defender what's that? I have a case around it that come with the phone that I have on as it's not as slippy with it.

Blimey just looked at them otterbox defenders and those are one bulky case. Not my cup of tea really as I prefer to keep the phone as slim as possible. Any other suggestions?

holophyte said:
Blimey just looked at them otterbox defenders and those are one bulky case. Not my cup of tea really as I prefer to keep the phone as slim as possible. Any other suggestions?

Well like I said I put it on while I'm at work lol. My phone goes naked off work. The otterbox commuter is a slim case IMO. Try looking it up.

geeksquad said:
Take everything Apple says about these products with a grain a salt. The glass on the iPhone 4 is just about as much anti-scratch as the battery is longer lasting than all the previous iPhone models. lol

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

geeksquad said:
Take everything Apple says about these products with a grain a salt. The glass on the iPhone 4 is just about as much anti-scratch as the battery is longer lasting than all the previous iPhone models. lol

Lol I hear what you're saying there. A load if old baloney then!

darkstar2007 said:
Well like I said I put it on while I'm at work lol. My phone goes naked off work. The otterbox commuter is a slim case IMO. Try looking it up.

Yeah I'll have a look at some slim versions on line.... Cheers