What's new

Iphone 4 6..1.3 help

Nrth

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My friend gave his old phone as he was just going to donate it however he knew nothing about jailbreaking or wanted to so he did all the updates. I am trying to jailbreak it using rednow, tiny umbrella and so on it is not working.

So here is what I come up with in that when I use tiny umbrella the only blob it offers is 6.1.3

Does that mean I cannot jailbreak the phone?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

I also tried downloading the correct ispw but again not sure if its the correct one. I have an Iphone 4 16gb. please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Does your iPhone 4 have a SIM slot on the right hand side?

If it does have a SIM slot, the header for the IPSW that you need to download should be iPhone3,1. If it does not have a SIM slot, the header for the IPSW that you need to download should be iPhone3,3

It does have a sim slot. I have tried several of the ipsw downloads. I have tried 5.1.1 I have tried 6.1.1 and so on. Any more leads?

Make sure it's the iPhone3,1_6.0 if you're using RedSn0w

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

So that time everything looked like it was working. When it was all done I still did not have cydia on the phone and it asked me to go back and do the "just boot" and I got this:

missing keys plist data for this build

Device Iphone4
ECID: 2070998291919
Build: Iphone 3,1_6.1.3-10B329

I downloaded the 6.0

Any thoughts?

You have to use the 6.0 IPSW when jailbreak and just booting. RedSn0w is not configured/updated for use with any iOS 6 IPSWs outside of 6.0. If you're need an iOS 6 IPSW for ANY iOS 6 configurations, you MUST use a 6.0 IPSW, regardless of whether your device is iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2 or 6.1.3.

I tried again and made sure to use the 6.0 and still got the missing error?

Backup your device. Perform a fresh restore. Restore your backup, then jailbreak again. Run as an administrator if applicable.

ok so, the phone had nothing on it so I erased the whole phone and started over. It ran through the jailbreak but then after checking it after the jailbreak there was no cydia. Then I just reboted it and as it went through the stages and finished I still got the message of:

missing key plist data for this build?

Thanks for all your doing to help me out!!!

Missing Key.plist means you're using the wrong IPSW. That's the only cause of the issue.

Is there anyway you can send me or copy me the link to the correct ipsw. I feel like I have tried so many with no success! I have tried the 6.0 and so on. Or can you lead me to downloading the correct one?

Thanks much