iPhone 4 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreaking' started by $tylez, Mar 9, 2011.

1. $tylez

$tylez New Member

Hey guys, been lurking around lately but my iPhone 4 which was 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked got water damaged so I had to get a new one. YES, apple even gave me a free one because the guy claimed that something was wrong with it even though the phone didnt work? Yeah, he did his little tricks with the flashlight but hey im not complaining. Now, I'm totally lost on whats new out here and was wondering is it even possible to unlock the recent firmwares anymore?

I was given a new iPhone 4 with the following details ;

Version: 4.2.1
    Firmware: 3.10.1

From reading a bit, I know we can jailbreak it but can we unlock it? Or should I just go ahead and upgrade to the 4.3.

2. Morangus

Morangus New Member

No it's not possible to unlock / jailbreak what you have currently. Reports at iclarified.com say not to upgrade to 4.3 if you ever want to unlock / jailbreak (at least not right now). Of course, we may not see an unlock / jailbreak for another year if at all, so you take your chances... up to you.

3. $tylez

$tylez New Member

is it possible for me to downgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.1 and unlock/jailbreak it? any help appreciated.

4. JMan09

JMan09 New Member

You can Jailbreak 4.2.1, I just did it last night with Greenpoison.

5. JMan09

JMan09 New Member

6. iGaz

iGaz New Member

You can jailbreak no problem but you can't unlock.

Stay away from any iTunes updates for the time being...

7. $tylez

$tylez New Member

Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1 or something and jailbreak it /unlock? I could of sworn this was possible. I really dont want to wait for the 4.2.1 unlock because its most likely never coming, I might aswell just update to 4.3

8. iGaz

iGaz New Member

You can downgrade firmwares but it won't downgrade your baseband so you would still be stuck for the unlock.

The devs will most likley skip the 4.2.1 baseband and unlock the 4.3 if they can. However if an unlock comes out for 4.2.1 and you've updated to 4.3 then you will have to wait even longer...

9. lazybrain

lazybrain New Member

Hi Guys

Luckily i saw this thread which is 100% relevant to me as well. Firstly a quick intro. about me since i am new here "I am from India and live in Bangalore" - I look forward for a great interaction with fellow mates here and guidance from experts.

Coming to the topic: I just got a locked AT & T iphone 4 from US. Version: 4.2.1 and firmware: 3.10.1. I want to totally jailbreak and unlock my phone so that i can use my phone with service providers SIM in India. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As mentioned above, I was being also told not to upgrade to 4.3 for now

10. lazybrain

lazybrain New Member

Sob!! I think i committed the biggest mistake of my life buying an iphone 4. Its almost a week since i bought this phone with iOS 4.2.1 and BB: 3.10.1 and was wondering how long i need to wait for unlocking my phone. Did an extensive search on the net and i am seeing that people are waiting for almost 4-5 months with same iOS and BB without any success with the unlock. Some people are so frustrated that they are considering the option of selling their phone after a long period of waiting!!

Guys - I can see a dark future for my phone. Was it a mistake?