What's new

iphone 3g wont power off

PoSsUm

Reaction score
Hello I just grabbed this iphone from someone thats suppose to be jailbroke I see it has cydia app on it.I dont have it with service yet Im waiting on a sim card I just ordered.Anyways Im trying to power the phone off I hold down the button or buttons and nothing pops up.Did I get a bad phone?Any help would would be great.Thanks.

Put it in charge and see if it display any kind of battery on the screen. If yes, whatever color of battery on the screen, leave it on charge for at least 30mn. And then try to power it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried this now the battery charge is green it does charge and I can use itunes web anything I want using wifi right now.cydia says 3.1.2.This is my 1st iphone ever yeah I know im behind on things that are good.I was just messing around with the phone seems pretty sweet really and was trying things out and seen it wouldnt power off.

When u push and hold down the power button on top of the phone, the red slide to power off doesn't come?

Nope nothing pops up the button doesn't feel messed up either.

And what about a soft reset, does the phone soft reset when you push hold down power button and home button?

Nope it does nothing.guess I'll never restart it hope battery never goes bad probably won't come back on if I take it out.I was hoping I was just being stupid and was doing something wrong :)

Connect it to your conputer, open itunes and leave it that way for 5mn. After that disconnect it from your comouter and try to off the device and see if you can. If not the you will have to restore your iOS, i wouldn't leave it like that if i was in your position.

Ok Ill try that.If I have to restore the os how do I do that?Do you have a link so I can follow.Plus Ill have to jail break it again and do it right.I will need something for that too.Im going to use simple mobile for this phone already ordered a sim card off amazon for it.Any help for this would be awesome and thank you for all your help.

The hole process might take you some times, a couple of hours maxi. You will start by providing informations you have in your settings> general> about.
Only after that i can know what if your actual firmware and baseband. Those are the 2info i need before pointing u to any link, and yes depending on your baseband, you might need to jailbreak your device and then unlock it so that any sim can be use on the device.

Ok that didnt help I want this to be right and not rigged so I guess Ill have to do what needs to be done I really like this phone its very responsive and looks very nice.

This is what I see

Version 3.1.2 (7D11)

Carrier for the sim it has in it now AT&T 5.5

Model MB702LL
Modem firmware 05.11.07

Theres more like iccic IMEI didnt know if ya needed all that

Ok follow the instructions on the link here
Remember to backup your file in iTunes and download xBackup or Apt backup or PkgBackup from cydia and backup you cydia apps or tweaks in case u have some.

Last edited:
Well Im stuck at the it says DFU failed Im guessing because when I hold the buttons it tells me to do nothing is happening.Says no device detected you might not of understood the instructions.I went over it a few times same thing.I cant shut the phone off it wont let when it says to.

Well Im stuck at the it says DFU failed Im guessing because when I hold the buttons it tells me to do nothing is happening.Says no device detected you might not of understood the instructions.I went over it a few times same thing.I cant shut the phone off it wont let when it says to.

Is it at the restoring point that you are facing this issue? Or it's at the jailbreaking part? Sorry for my late reply, i was away.

Is it at the restoring point that you are facing this issue? Or it's at the jailbreaking part? Sorry for my late reply, i was away.

I did all the restore then went on to the next step it ends up asking you to shut the phone off well i cant it wont let me.Anyway around this?

I backed up now i run redsnow then to install cydia thats where it asked me to shut phone off

Last edited: