What's new

iphone 3g stopped working?!

ohmaynitseric

Reaction score
so here's the story. I got a iphone 3g which i have unlocked to 4.2.1 with the ipad baseband. just right now I figured i would erase all content and settings which i did because i am passing the phone over to my mother. Here's the problem: it remained in the apple logo for more than two hours so i hard shut down it (held teh power and home button together) and restarted.....and guess what happened, didn't get out of the apple logo.

i tried restoring it by jailbreaking and unlocking it the same way i did. but redsn0w keeeps shuting down.

What do i do? do i restore it using itunes?

someone please help! i want to give this to my mom with no worries!!

So i did what you have asked. I restored it using itunes to 4.2.1 and now it won't come off the screen where it asks me to plug it into itunes (recovery mode i'm guessing). as much as i try to restore once more, it still won't come off this screen!!!

i'm getting really frustrated with this! any help please

i was getting error 1600. and yes i tried restoring it in dfu mode

so i finally got it to work. what i did before was i created a custom ipsw with the ipad baseband again. this time, i didn't use the ipad baseband this time and it worked! but now my unlock is gone, what should i do? my baseband is 6.15.00 but its still not unlocked?

You need to install ultrasn0w to unlock, jailbreaking has nothing to do with unlocking aside from the fact that you need to be jailbroken to unlock

thank you soo much! finally got it! ahah :) she'll be happy now that its working!

i have the same problem right now, and same phone. but how can i change from the ipad baseband to another one?