What's new

iPhone 3G Not Picking Up Signal

Young Glock Smoke

Reaction score
So, I've had my unlocked iPhone 3G for about 2 months now. It's being used with T-Mobile, and has been great so far. But, today I was at the mall and the service went out. That was around 4 hours ago, and it's still out. It may come back on for like a few seconds, but that's only happened thrice, and I've looked for the carrier at least 15 times. I can't get service in my house, out of my house, or up the street. Is there anything I can do? Btw, I go this phone off of craigslist, so getting it replaced is my LAST option. :(

How did you unlock the device before? If you've use ultrasnow to unlock it, then go to Cydia, uninstall ultrasnow and install it back again.

I bought it already unlocked. Is there any way I can check to see what program was used?

Go to Cydia and use the search bar to look for UltraSnow, if the search result comes up with UltraSnow with a green check mark at the right of UltraSnow then it means that it was the one used to unlock the phone. Uninstall it and reinstall it.

i just recently got a free 3g, the problem is that it realizes that the sim is there, but doesnt get service.

Faulty sim?

nope it is not a faulty sim; the sim i used is currently working and being used in a blackberry. and everything works. well its only talk and text.

and
Is it a standard size sim that you've cut to fit...?

i am talking about the iphone 3g, this thread is about the iphone 3g, it used the normal size sim card. i tried my iphone 4 sim card with the converter and it still didnt get signal.

Sorry. I forgot we were in the 3g forum. Lol.

Perhaps it's not a 3g sim if you only getting talk and text on your blackberry...

ok first how are you a mod ? i use my current iphone 4 with my sim card and i only have a plan for talk. no data no text; and it works 100%. the sim card i tried using in my iphone 3g has been used before in a iphone 3gs ! so i dont understand what you are saying ? this thread is about the iphone 3g not getting any type or service. so please if you dont know the answer dont give me the run around.

Firstly, you don't become a mod because you know everything about iPhones.

Secondly, I didn't know your sim works in a 3GS because you neglected to say so in previous posts. You say you don't get data on your blackberry, that could be because it's an old sim that isn't 3G compatible. Now you say you haven't got a data plan on that sim, again something you failed to mention in previous posts.

If you wish to be helped then the more info you give the better. If not, then your only asking to get 'the run around' as you put it as I can only give you my best guess based on the info you provided...

Firstly, you don't become a mod because you know everything about iPhones.

Secondly, I didn't know your sim works in a 3GS because you neglected to say so in previous posts. You say you don't get data on your blackberry, that could be because it's an old sim that isn't 3G compatible. Now you say you haven't got a data plan on that sim, again something you failed to mention in previous posts.

If you wish to be helped then the more info you give the better. If not, then your only asking to get 'the run around' as you put it as I can only give you my best guess based on the info you provided...

tell me why it matters if i have an old sim or new sim. that doesnt matter. because i know when i had my 2g phone i had a non 3g sim and it worked fine. i dont understand why you keep saying not having the data or 3g compatible sim is the issue. my sim card is 3g anyway so that wouldnt even be the reason

i never said i DONT GET data, i said i DONT HAVE data. it is not in my plan.

so let me rephrase everything. i have an ATT sim card; its a 3g sim card with only talk and text NO DATA! i have used that sim in a 3gs and it worked fine. so why am i not getting service on my 3g? the phone knows the sim card is inserted.

is there anything else you need me to clarify ?