What's new

iphone 3g ios 3.0 keeps rebooting

panurg

Reaction score
Hi guys

I didn't find any similar problems on this forum, so I decided to open a new thread.

I have an iphone 3g, it is 4 years old, and it has ios 3.0. A few weeks ago I dropped it into the water, after that it didn't work for a while, but eventually started working and worked fine. Today it ran out of battery and turned off while I was typing a text. I plugged it in and while charging, it started restarting again and again. It never gets to the working screen , instead it shows apple logo, then it disappears, then there is just black screen for a while, then the screen flashes with white with some black strips on it, turns off and starts over. I tired to do everything to it, incld holding power and lock buttons, connecting to itunes, but nothing works, and itunes doesn't recognize it(says 'the unknown error'). What can be a problem and what is better to do with it, go to the repair service or wait until the battery dies and try to charge it again?

Thank you in advance

If you can't afford to replace the phone, then I highly recommend you take it to a professional repair shop that knows hot to handle water damage. Because it sounds like you probably knocked a drop of water loose and it has made contact with something critical.

Thank you for the reply.

I probably can replace it, but there are tons of nessesary information on it, which I need to get out of it, and this is the problem.
I'm sure that there was water inside for quite a while, coz it didn't work at first, and when it started working eventually, first time there were water stains inside on the screen, but they dried out. I'm not sure if it has to do with the water damage, because it worked fine and would keep working fine if I would charge it before it switched off. The phone is very old, it is jaibroken, wasn't updated for a few years and has tons of apps, so sometimes it gets stuck or works slow or app failures happen. For me it looks like some app doesn't work properly while it tries to turn on, and it makes it go in circles, but I'm not sure if these are the signs of software or hardware failure.

Water droplets can be trapped for months inside a cell phone and then finally get knocked free but just the simplest tap. You could try to wait it out and see if another drying cycle cures the issue.