What's new

Iphone 3g disabled

SAMMIE

Reaction score
found a iphone 3g that was passcode protected . So i kept trying different passcodes and now the phone is disabled . Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem ??

SAMMIE said:
found a iphone 3g that was passcode protected . So i kept trying different passcodes and now the phone is disabled . Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem ??

Restoring in iTunes is the only way to get rid of the pass code.

Itunes wont let me because the phone was mot synced on my computer

SAMMIE said:

Found?

SAMMIE said:

Google on how to put the phone in DFU mode. that forces an iTunes restore

SAMMIE said:

Yeah man.....You can *always* restore any iDevice once it is in DFU mode.

Thanks alot guys for all of your help !!
But now i would like to know how to jailbreak this phone . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks !!

SAMMIE said:
But now i would like to know how to jailbreak this phone . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks !![/QUOTE

Redsn0w. Google how to jailbreak 3G 4.2.1. Or check our jailbreaking section

SAMMIE said:
But now i would like to know how to jailbreak this phone . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks !!

Being that it is an iPhone 3G it cannot run on the latest iOS version which is 5.1.1.

You'll have to use an outdated iOS for an outdated device.

The latest version an iPhone 3G can run on is 4.2.1.

I would download the 4.2.1 iPSW file from here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=firmware

Then download redsn0w from here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Save the 4.2.1 iPSW to your desktop.

Put the phone in DFU mode then open iTunes.

click Okay.

Now hold down the shift key on the keyboard..*while* you click the restore button in iTunes.

A window will pop up. Go to your desktop and double click in the 4.2.1 iPSW and allow iTunes to restore the device.

Your computer must be connected to the Internet for the device to restore, as Apple had to verify that you are using the latest iOS version...which in your iPhone 3G's case is 4.2.1.

Once the restore is done...you can jailbreak with redsn0w.

Watch a YouTube video on using redsn0w or something...that way you see exactly how it's done. Really easy.

Just do NOT enter DFU mode while the device is on...shut down device completely...then enter DFU mode. Some people will say it is okay to enter DFU while device is on....it is not.

If this is a "found" phone, then it is a phone that someone lost or from whom it was stolen. Why not try to return it to the owner? Apple can probably help.

Can you jailbreak an iphone without a valid sim card installed ??

SAMMIE said:
Can you jailbreak an iphone without a valid sim card installed ??

Yes.

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with activation.

All jailbreaking does is install the Cydia application. Moves and adds a few root directories.

Nothing more...nothing less.

I tried to download the firmware 4.2.1. IPSW but everytime i open the zip folder there is nothing in there to be applied to my 3g iphone . A lil help please !!