What's new

Iphone 3g cannot get out of recovery mode, Please help!

benben

Reaction score
I was trying to upgrade my iPhone 3G (ios 4.1 baseband 6.15) from 4.1 to 4.2.1 via itune (my think it was 10.X). However, it shown error 1015, and the iphone stuck in recovery mode. I tried to run redsnow 9.15b3 to get it out of the recovery mode, but it pops "usb communication problem". I tried again with another usb cable and on another laptop, and it still shows the same error messages. Any idea? Thank you very much.

The iPad Baseband is much higher than that of the baseband that 4.2.1 presents. If you want don't want to downgrade the iPad baseband and re-flash it, you'll need to preserve the baseband by either creating a custom IPSW to preserve it, or just use RedSn0w's restore feature and say that you want to preserve the baseband.

When using the Recovery Fix, was the IPSW for the current iOS on the device selected before doing so. And make sure that your device is in DFU mode as it says in RedSn0w.

All devices can still be restored and supported on the latest iTunes. The problem is whether or not you'll have support for apps and tweaks when jailbroken or from the AppStore itself since the iPhone 3G is capped at iOS 4.2.1. You can still restore to iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 if you want a fresh restore on your 3G, but that's it. Nothing above 4.2.1.