What's new

Iphone 3G/3Gs Jailbreaking.. ^_^

syaoran7li

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...

Nice to meet you all... ^_^

Well i have a iphone.. and im not sure whether it is iPhone 3G or 3Gs??? So how do i check it?

and i would like to jailbreak it so i can use any sim card from my country "India".

and i would like it to be untethered so that i dont jave to use my system everytime i need to reboot the mobile...

so is there a way to do this guys??

hope u can help me..

Thanks.. ^_^

To tell the difference, look at the back of the device for the model number. It should begin with an A with 4 numbers following. The 3G is A1241 and A1324. The 3GS is A1303 and A1325.

An alternative would be to get this utility called F0recast download links here (Windows || Mac OSX). Run it with your device plugged in and it'll tell you which device it is. Then it'll also tell you what bootrom your device is on as well as whether or not you can jailbreak the iOS that's currently on the device, and whether or not we can unlock using UltraSn0w

To tell the difference, look at the back of the device for the model number. It should begin with an A with 4 numbers following. The 3G is A1241 and A1324. The 3GS is A1303 and A1325.

An alternative would be to get this utility called F0recast download links here (Windows || Mac OSX). Run it with your device plugged in and it'll tell you which device it is. Then it'll also tell you what bootrom your device is on as well as whether or not you can jailbreak the iOS that's currently on the device, and whether or not we can unlock using UltraSn0w

Thanks for the reply... I ran forecast and it said its Iphone 3G....

and for jailbreakable, unlockable and untethered its written yes in green...

so how do i do it...???

You can use this method. Or you can use RedSn0w

Thanks for the link... actually i already jailbreaked it once with redsnow... and everything went fine.. and when i inserted my sim card there was just one bar of signal strength and it didnt detect which carrier i was on...

tats y i came here...

and now can i follow the method u suggested without even restoring to the original condition...?
"iREB"
cuz i tried restoring and it shows "iphone could not restore 1601 error.." so i googled it and they told me to use a app called "iREB" and i used it and then tried to restore it showed the same error.. and one thing i noted is when im getting this error the iphone screen goes white...

The phone will not detect your carrier if it's not the carrier the device is locked to. You have to unlock it first.

1601 is a driver issue.

1) Uninstall your USB driver, reboot, retry.

2) Uninstall your USB drivers, iTunes, reboot, retry.

3) Create a new administrator user on your computer, retry.

4) Use a different computer to restore.

The phone will not detect your carrier if it's not the carrier the device is locked to. You have to unlock it first.

1601 is a driver issue.

1) Uninstall your USB driver, reboot, retry.

2) Uninstall your USB drivers, iTunes, reboot, retry.

3) Create a new administrator user on your computer, retry.

4) Use a different computer to restore.

so how to unlock it?

and i got over the error 1601 by either of these 2 things...

1st i restarted the computer.. and then the white screen came and i just pressed the power button in iphone once and the processs continued...

i tried green poison but it wont detect my phone.. it says waiting for DFU.. and my phone is in DFU mode... cuz redsnow detects it in DFU mode?

wat to do?

Also itunes detects tat the phone is in recovery mode

Use RedSn0w to jailbreak instead. Run it as admin if applicable. Go to extras > select IPSW. Point it to the 4.2.1 IPSW, select back and select jailbreak. DFU the device. On the menu of tick boxes, tick Install Cydia, Flash/Install iPad baseband and let it jailbreak. Afterwards, open up Cydia and install UltraSn0w.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Use RedSn0w to jailbreak instead. Run it as admin if applicable. Go to extras > select IPSW. Point it to the 4.2.1 IPSW, select back and select jailbreak. DFU the device. On the menu of tick boxes, tick Install Cydia, Flash/Install iPad baseband and let it jailbreak. Afterwards, open up Cydia and install UltraSn0w.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Ok Thanks.. will try that and wil get back to u... ^_^

and is it Untethered??

Last edited:
umm This is weird... i ran redsnow.. chose IPSW file 4.2.1... the clicked on jailbreak ticked on install cydia, install ipad baseband, install battery percentage, homescreen wallpaper and clicked next.. it then showed fetching ipad baseband data please wait.. and then suddenly redsnow closed... tried twice same result wat to do??