Ipad3 just got 1 today

jockmcd

Reaction score
Its running on :

Version 5.1(9b176)
Model md368b

And wants to upate to

Update to 5.1.1

Can i update to this ? What can i use to jailbreak i have already jailbroken iphone4, what info do you guys need that would help me to jailbreak

Cheers mills have you a link for the most recent version i should use, what version ahould i use just 2.0 ? I have nothing on my ipad at all its just booted up do i need to back up any or nake save state of some sort before i go any further incase something goes wrong in future so that i can return to factory settings if so how, cheers bud

Found the absinthe page mate but what about the rest of what i said ? New ipad3 nothing on it, should or can i save or back up state of it as it is before attempting to jailbreak incase of problems when jailbreaking or in the future ? Or should i just do it ? If i can or should what should i use ?

Am i correct in saying i update my ipad3 to 5.1.1 through my ipad update i dont need to download an unofficial os and i can update throuh my ipad ?

You can update to 5.1.1 OTA if you want, just go into the Software Update section of the Settings app. You don't need to run a backup or anything before jailbreaking, just download the latest Absinthe(2.0.4) and run it with your iPad3 connected to your computer. Let me know if you need anything else!

That waa soooo easy, job done , cheers mate thanks for pointing me in right direction and for the knowledge you pass on, it gives me more confidence to do it after a quick chat with you, cheers geez ;-)

Mills my wife wants to have her iphone4 done now not the 's' just the iphone4, I used the jailbreak me a while ago to do mine but can i safely use absinthe 2.0.4 on the iphone was ssssoooooo easy on ipad couldnt believe it , Ive seen something about password lock and unlock or something that you should stay away from absinthe, can i use it freely on the iphone4 anything i should know about that is dodgy ? Cheers bud ;-)

Mills my wife wants to have her iphone4 done now not the 's' just the iphone4, I used the jailbreak me a while ago to do mine but can i safely use absinthe 2.0.4 on the iphone was ssssoooooo easy on ipad couldnt believe it , Ive seen something about password lock and unlock or something that you should stay away from absinthe, can i use it freely on the iphone4 anything i should know about that is dodgy ? Cheers bud ;-)

Yes Absinthe 2.0.4 supports iphone 4 and 4s and iphone 3g and basicly anything apple thats running 5.1.1, in the Absinthe thread you will be able to read whats supported.

I have iphone 4 not 4s and is JB using absinthe 2.0.4

Whats with the passlock or unlocking thing ? Anything i shiuld be worried about ?

Make sure if you have a passcode enabled on iphone, disable it before running absinthe, same goes for encrypted password in itunes backup.

If your running windows 7 or vista, make sure to run absinthe as administrator, right click the .exe and run as admin.

Passcode as in the lock screen with numbers n letters on it ? When you flick it on ?

Also what encrypted pass mate the 1 she uses to download to buy stuff ?

In iTunes, under the backup section just make sure that the "Encrypt local backup" option is unchecked. And yes, the lockscreen passcode. Make sure you disable the passcode in settings before using Absinthe.