What's new

iPad gone slow

dave307

Reaction score
good day to all.
I have an iPad Air about 3yr old. Gone very slow comes on from standby ok but when I select any app it takes a long time to open its been getting worse as the time goes.
I did a reset by the means of holding the home button and the power button holding at the same time. With no luck thinking about a hard reset taking it back to as new unless there are other options.
Any ideas from you clever people on the forum.
Big Thanks.
David. Merry Xmas to all.

How much available storage is on the iPad? Having the storage almost full can slow down your iPad.

good day to all.
I have an iPad Air about 3yr old. Gone very slow comes on from standby ok but when I select any app it takes a long time to open its been getting worse as the time goes.
I did a reset by the means of holding the home button and the power button holding at the same time. With no luck thinking about a hard reset taking it back to as new unless there are other options.
Any ideas from you clever people on the forum.
Big Thanks.
David. Merry Xmas to all.

Try holding the power button until the power off screen appears. Then hold the home button until it goes back to the lock screen. This will clear the RAM memory. Also make sure you close out all open apps when you are done using them. Don’t leave them open in the background.

Force closing the apps might make your iDevice more slow than necessary. When you stop using them without force closing, they stay in a frozen state until you open them again. They‘ll start from where you left. If you force close them, they’ll have to start all over again.

Reactions: 933
Thanks everyone for your input.
ry holding the power button until the power off screen appears. Then hold the home button until it goes back to the lock screen. This will clear the RAM memory. Also make sure you close out all open apps when you are done using them. Don’t leave them open in the background.
Tried the above seems to be better.
Many Thanks see how it gets on
David​

Reactions: 933