What's new

iP5 problems?

flyfishingphil

Reaction score
New to this so bear with me, I'll try to word it so it's understandable.

Problem 1: Have a Jabra EasyGo bluetooth headset but it doesn't seem to be working right when I have the phone connected via bluetooth. (Never had any problems before yesterday.) Seems that when I touch the button to answer the call it opens the "line" but I hear nothing in the headset. Sound comes from the phone but not thru the headset, but I can hear the clicks thru the headset when I enter the security code and it tells me thru the headset when I have a text or call coming in. (Did have an incident of loud "static" sound on one call yesterday but the caller sounded fine fine when I shut off the Jabra and went to phone sound.)

I have deleted the headset and re-installed it. The bluetooth indicator shows green on the settings page, The headset says "Connected" when I touch the button. The Devices line shows a spinning wheel. The Jabra EasyGo shows as connected but below that it reads "Now Discoverable". Is this all normal or is there something I need to do to get it back in proper working order?

Suggestions on #1?

Problem 2: Tried to reduce the number of app's running in the background by doing the "tap the button twice then hold down on one of the apps until it becomes shaky" but none of them ever became shaky or allowed me to "delete" them. Was wondering if there might be too many apps running for the phone to work properly so did a settings reset, and that seemed to remove the long list of background apps but changed nothing else. Clicking bottom button twice to get to the background apps works but I can hold my finger on one of those for a full minute and it never becomes shaky.

Suggestions on problem #2?

Thanks for any assists and I'll try to answer any further questions anyone may have when it comes to finding the solutions.

ffp

Last edited:
Can't help with #1..sorry. But for #2, if you updated to iOS7, you now double press the home button and then when the icons appear, you swipe the thumbnail pic of the app upwards (not the icon itself).

Can't help with #1..sorry. But for #2, if you updated to iOS7, you now double press the home button and then when the icons appear, you swipe the thumbnail pic of the app upwards (not the icon itself).

Thanks for the quick response xray. Works just like it's supposed to. Starting to wonder if I was losing it!

Now, if somebody can come with an answer on #1.

ffp

Hi, Flyfishinphil, you could try restarting the iPhone and then, if it does not work, resetting it. RESETTING is done by pressing and holding the home button and power button simultaneously for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. This may take longer than usual. Looking forward to your reply.

Hi, Flyfishinphil, you could try restarting the iPhone and then, if it does not work, resetting it. RESETTING is done by pressing and holding the home button and power button simultaneously for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. This may take longer than usual. Looking forward to your reply.
Just to clear up any possible confusion with "resetting." The process of holding the power & home buttons together for between 10-15 seconds, and until the Apple logo appears, is called a "Hard Reset." It should also be noted that this process does not cause any information or data loss from your device. It's simply the deepest reset you can do on your iDevice without a full restore via iTunes.

I had done both the "settings reset" and a restart earlier but it didn't change anything. Then, without doing anything else, it was working again last night. Thanks for the tip though I'll keep that in mind.

ffp

I had done both the "settings reset" and a restart earlier but it didn't change anything. Then, without doing anything else, it was working again last night. Thanks for the tip though I'll keep that in mind.

ffp
No! I am not talking about resetting your settings! Did you press and hold both the buttons? That's called a hard reset. Resetting to factory settings is different! Happy to hear it working again and hope it keeps up!

No! I am not talking about resetting your settings! Did you press and hold both the buttons? That's called a hard reset. Resetting to factory settings is different! Happy to hear it working again and hope it keeps up!

No, just did the "settings reset", not a total reset but it did start working again. Think there may be a problem with the Jabra EasyGo so have ordered a Plantronics to see if that changes things. The EasyGo starts sounding like your talking/listening in a barrel if you're mor than a few feet from the phone. Will post again if the Plantronics Voyager makes a kmalor difference.